Proptosis is a passive item.
- Doubles Isaac's damage stat.
- +0.5 damage.
- Tear size multiplier: 2x.
- The tears shrink and lose damage the farther they travel.
- The tears shrink and lose damage the more time they stay airborne, starting at 3x damage at point blank range. After a fixed period of time, they deal no damage at all.
- Effective range of Isaac's tears now also depends on the damage, as they can shrink out of existence before their air time runs out.
- Since tears run out of damage after a fixed amount of time, shot speed is the only stat that determines the effective range of Isaac's tears. Damage and range don't affect the travel distance at all.
- Tear size increasing items also increase the maximum distance before its disappearance, but the damage dealt can go below original at the extreme.
- The item has the opposite effect of the item A Lump of Coal, which makes Isaac deal more damage from farther away.
- Does not affect Azazel short-ranged Brimstone unless the range stat is extremely high.
- Anti-Gravity: The tears will not decrease in size or damage until they start moving, making this excellent against enemies that chase Isaac.
- Anti-Gravity + Eye of the Occult: Lets Isaac maintain the full 3× damage multiplier while controlling his tears.
- Brimstone: Retains the double damage effect without losing damage over range.
- Damage is doubled again for a total of 4x next to Isaac, but quickly drops further along the beam, at about 0.8x per tile of distance.
- The beam does 6x damage at point blank range.
- Dr. Fetus/ Epic Fetus: Doubles damage with no penalty for distance.
- Triples/quadruples damage respectively.
- Godhead: The damaging halo shrinks with the tears.
- A Lump of Coal: Proptosis scales with Isaac's damage while the Lump of Coal does not. At base damage, the Lump of Coal will approximately negate the damage lost over distance, but with increased damage, tears still do more damage up close.
- A Lump of Coal + The Ludovico Technique: The controlled tear has full Proptosis damage buff, no matter how far it is from Isaac. Very slightly decreases damage from far away.
- Mom's Knife: The Knife damage is doubled ( tripled), regardless of range.
- Polyphemus: Tears do massive damage and carry with leftover damage while still shrinking.
- Technology/ Technology 2: Doubles damage.
- The beam decreases in damage and width the farther it travels. Tears become virtually powerless across large rooms like the Boss Rush and the Hush fight.
- The beams do 6x damage at point blank range.
- Tech X: Ring size and damage is substantially increased, but decreases as the ring travels further from Isaac.
- Trisagion: Base damage is doubled and beam damage is boosted to about 65%. Blasts lose no power as they travel further, though the tips of the blasts deal very slightly less damage.
- Damage slightly increased, beam damage is doubled. Blasts lose no power with distance.
- Bird's Eye: Size and damage of fires is increased, but does not decrease with range.
- Athame/ Maw of the Void: The ring is much larger and deals 1.5× damage.
- The ring deals normal damage.
- The ring is now normal size.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Tears will often disappear before they can burst. Tears created from bursts will also shrink, but due to their already low range, the difference may not be noticeable.
- Flat Stone: At base range and tear size, tears will bounce twice against the floor and then disappear.
- Immaculate Heart: Tears that appear around Isaac disappear quickly.
- Ipecac: Tears almost disappear completely but are still able to do massive damage.
- Tears no longer deal massive damage at the end of the arch. Damage decreases rapidly with range.
- Lachryphagy: Tears disappear too quickly to be fed.
- The Ludovico Technique: The closer the tear floats to Isaac, the larger it is. The farther away, the smaller it becomes.
- Monstro's Lung/ Lead Pencil: Tears will disappear at different distances depending on how big they were when fired.
- My Reflection: Tears disappear before they can return to Isaac.
- Pop!: Tears will disappear extremely quickly after being fired.
- Saturnus The ring tears from Saturnus disappear nearly instantly upon entering a room.
- Soy Milk: Very poor combination. Tears disappear nearly instantly in front of Isaac, decreasing his range and damage to nearly nothing.
- Tears no longer disappear instantly. Range is only minimally shorter.
- Eye proptosis is a condition resulting in forward displacement and entrapment of the eye from behind by the eyelids. The condition is also known as eye dislocation and eye luxation.
PC CMTS HNLP (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 1SKS ZMYW (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC GDD6 7YNH (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn, Burning Basement)
PS4 BZZ7 DWY3 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS HAPT EHDH (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch L79D L9S8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|