|Base HP||Stage HP|
- Only in The Catacombs.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Polycephalus will burrow underground when Isaac is not within range. While burrowed he becomes invincible and will follow Isaac's movements, when close to Isaac, he will pop out and perform one of the following attacks:
- Sprays out a cluster of projectiles towards Isaac, similar to Monstro but more drawn out.
- Fires a spread of three projectiles at Isaac.
- Shoots out eight projectiles in all directions.
- Summons a Round Worm.
He will stay vulnerable for a few moments after performing an attack before quickly burrowing underground again.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Red: Summons Para-Bites instead of Round Worms. All projectile attacks are replaced with a ring of six projectiles.
- Pink: Two Polycephaluses, each with 50% HP (100), replace the normal Polycephalus. They do not spawn Round Worms.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Polycephalus as one of Delirium's forms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stain is his posthumous version, who also shows up in Chapter 2. Polycephalus is one of three bosses to have their posthumous version in the same chapter, the others being Gemini having Blighted Ovum in Chapter 1, and Chub having Carrion Queen in Chapter 2.
- Polycephaly is the condition of having more than one head.
- Polycephalus shares his name with a cactus.
- Polycephalus is one of the three bosses that can be spawned by It Lives, the other two being Chub and Teratoma.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, Red Champion Polycephalus could spawn Scarred Para-Bites if he was fought in the Scarred Womb.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|