For the item with a similar name, see Safety Pin. For the trinket with a similar name, see Push Pin.
Pin burrows into the ground before performing the following attacks:
- Jumps out of the ground towards Isaac and burrowing back into the ground at the end of the jump.
- Occasionally fires 4 projectiles diagonally from the last section of its body when exiting the ground and/or when burrowing back into the ground.
- Fires 4 projectiles diagonally depending on the length of its jump: does not fire projectiles on short jumps, fires projectiles shortly upon exiting the jump on regular/medium jumps, and fires projectiles both shortly upon exiting and after a few moments airborne on long jumps.
- Partially emerges out of the ground to fire a red Ipecac shot at Isaac before returning underground.
- After performing this attack, Pin will always jump out of the same spot it entered.
- Dark Grey: 15% larger with 25% more HP. Fires a radial burst of 6 spiraling projectiles instead of an explosive projectile and fires 6 projectiles instead of 4 when jumping.
Pin as one of Delirium's forms.
- Each segment of Pin can be individually damaged, so a single piercing tear could hit Pin multiple times.
- Moreover, if Pin is petrified (due to Mom's Contacts or Charged Baby, e.t.c), his individual segments can even be destroyed (though that would not necessarily deal higher damage), which will shorten the boss in its length.
- Piercing shots no longer damage segmented enemies multiple times per attack.
- Despite looking like it's flying above the ground, Pin is not immune to ground-based effects such as creep when doing its jumping attack. On the contrary, every segment is guaranteed to pass over the damaging area, making it more susceptible to damage.
- Due to this, Pin also cannot jump across gaps, and will bounce backwards when attempting to cross one.
- Pin was added in the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original The Binding of Isaac.
- The Frail is its posthumous version.
- Prior to Repentance, Pin's Champion version could never appear in-game despite existing in the original Binding of Isaac.
- Pin is based off the pinworm, an internal parasite.
- Pin is likely a reference to Lanmola, a boss from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past; as nearly all attacks are the same.
- It is the boss version of the Needles.
- Pin is the only boss in Repentance that got a new champion variant.
|Bug!||If you fire immediately upon entering the Boss Room, rarely, you can damage Pin before it emerges.|
|Bug!||If Pin is under the effects of Broken Modem in mid-air, its jump will be stopped and it will fall.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|