Pay to Win
Pay to Win is a trinket added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth † expansion.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The trinket's effect applies when the floor is generated, so it will only take effect if already held when entering a new floor. This means that finding it on a floor will not change the Treasure Room on that floor, nor will dropping it remove its effect on that floor's Treasure Room if Pay to Win was held when the floor was entered.
- This trinket does not affect the two Treasure Rooms spawned in the Blue Womb.
- In Greed Mode, this affects both normal and silver types of Treasure Rooms.
- When brought to the alternate path floors, there seems to be a high chance of the treasure room having one extra item available to be picked up alongside the usual choice of two items.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to microtransactions, which are common in modern video games. They serve the "pay-to-win" goal by making it either impossible or extremely tedious for players to either progress through the game (with so-called "roadblocks") or earn certain features such as weapons unless they purchase their "way out."