Effect[edit | edit source]
- Stops all enemies including bosses until a fire button is pressed.
- This does not affect troll bombs.
- Touching frozen enemies will still damage Isaac.
- Co-op babies can fire without ending the effect.
- Stops fireplaces from shooting projectiles.
- Using Dark Arts will not stop the effect.
- Bosses will resume their actions after 30 seconds have passed, while non-boss enemies (except Lil' Haunt) are still paused.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- New enemies generated during Pause being active will not be frozen and act normally. This applies for spawn-upon-death effects such as Attack Flies created by a Moter, or a Boss that stopped becoming frozen and began summoning enemies.
- Paused enemies will not have their damage scaling working effectively, making it highly effective against bosses that employ the mechanic.
- Damage against paused multi-segmented bosses works unpredictably, most notably allowing you to damage Scolex on normally invulnerable parts.
- The health bars of multi-segmented bosses may not be updated properly, making it seem as if they died without running out of health.
- Reducing a boss to zero health whilst they are paused will initiate their death animation but they will not die until a fire button is pressed or the 30 second timer has lapsed.
- Pausing in the room before entering the minecart in the Mines causes the minecart to freeze, trapping the player inside of it until they exit to the main menu.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car Battery: No effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|