Oob will float slowly around the room randomly and occasionally spawn a Brain. If Isaac lines up horizontal to it, it charges quickly covering the room once.
Black Maws behave like Oob but spawns Leeches instead. If Isaac lines up horizontal to it, it very quickly charges in his direction and then doubles back, charging back to its original position. It explodes upon death.
While in normal rooms Black Maws will generally charge off-screen before returning, in long horizontal rooms they can charge a random distance before returning rather than having to fly out of the room first, this can also happen if they make contact with another enemy.
Unlike the Oob, Black Maws can still summon Leeches regardless of whether they are over an obstruction or not, due to the fact that Leeches can fly.
- Oob and Black Maw are both enemies from one of Edmund McMillen's previous games Super Meat Boy.
- Oobs and Black Maws are the only non-boss enemies that can charge off-screen.
- Black Maws specifically are also the only monsters that double back after charging off-screen, making them unique.
- Rerolling Gaping Maws with D10 always turns them into Oobs.
- Black Maws look surprisingly similar to the xenomorph's mouths from the Alien movies, but this could also be a coincidence.
- It also slightly resembles a sperm cell.
- Oobs have the highest health of any non-boss enemy.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|