Onan's Streak is challenge #29. Start as Judas with The Book of Belial and Chocolate Milk and a damage bonus of +2 giving him a starting damage of 8.71. Missing any shots causes Judas to take damage. Treasure rooms are present in this challenge. The goal is to defeat Isaac.
Not hitting anything with tears causes Judas to take damage. This makes accuracy very important as missing a few shots can deplete his health very quickly. Because of this, fast-moving enemies or enemies with erratic movement patterns can prove to be very difficult in this challenge.
- Hitting any type of poop, fire, bomb, eternal fly, white champion enemy, spike block, or Stone Grimace (stone heads) does not count as a miss.
- Hitting Red Poop with a spectral tear counts as a miss.
- If firing a tear and leaving the room before it touches the wall or floor, Judas will not take any damage. This is only useful if he shoots accidentally.
- For enemies that move erratically, try and get close enough so they'll close in. Once they approach, move out of the way and shoot them once they stop.
- Toxic Shock can help Judas to bypass most of the rooms without the need to fire tears.
- Obtaining Fate's Reward and charging your tears, but never firing, allows you to fire tears without fear of self-damage
- Items that negate damage are extremely useful. Holy Mantle, in particular, nullifies 1 hit of damage per room, allowing more room for error.
- Taking Technology 2 and never releasing the fire keys, even across floors, allows Judas to engage enemies without firing any tears.
- Tech.5 has the same effect.
- Taking Rubber Cement is recommended, as hitting a wall won't deal damage to him, and hitting the ground won't either if an enemy is hit first.
- Enemies include stone grimaces, unkillable enemies, fireplaces, poop, and bombs.
XboxOne Poop is not considered an enemy if it is the first object hit.
- Proptosis allows Judas' shots to miss without dealing damage as long as they don't hit a wall or object.
- Isaac's Tears do not count as a hit/miss, and it maintains Chocolate Milk's charged damage bonus when activated, making it a safe combat alternative.
- Shots fired by the familiar with Incubus will not damage the player. When coupled with a recharging or zero cooldown item such as Magic Fingers, it will effectively give Judas a safe auto-attack. The Incubus's safe-to-miss shot will fire when the item is used, without having to fire Judas' shot.
- Dead Eye benefits from this challenge, since the player will be focused on not missing. This can allow for long streaks at high damage.
- Tractor Beam keeps tears in a straight line in front, which is very helpful for hitting many later enemies.
- Ipecac's explosion radius make it much easier to hit enemies, though like in any other situation with the item, caution should be exercised.
- Spectral tears effect might help, since going through a rock doesn't count as missing.
- Pupula Duplex is helpful, since it gives Judas' tears a bigger hitbox, in addition to spectral tears. Flat Worm also gives a bigger hitbox.
- Similarly, Polyphemus gives tears a bigger hitbox and allows Judas to hit many enemies with each tear. Any Polyphemus tear that continues after hitting an enemy won't damage Judas if it lands untouched afterward.
- Continuum will help, giving spectral tears and allowing tears to go through the walls to get back on the other side.
- Piercing shots could be useful since the shots won't damage if at least one enemy is hit, and multiple can be hit with one shot.
- Brimstone, Epic Fetus, Mom's Knife and Tech X won't damage Judas for missing enemies.
- Mom's Wig will keep spawning friendly spiders until there's 5 of them when charging the shot.
- The same goes for the Guppy transformation or The Mulligan.
- Be careful, however, as there is the possibility of friendly spiders/flies killing a target before Judas' fired tear connects.
- The same goes for No. 2 and Bob's Brain, as spawning bombs under Judas while charging and the explosions from the brain, respectively, can easily end the run.
- The same goes for the Guppy transformation or The Mulligan.
- One well-timed charge of the White Pony could be enough to insta-kill It Lives and seriously damage Isaac.
- Tears that have passed through an Angelic Prism familiar do not deal damage to Judas even if all the split tears miss.
- If you find Butter Bean, do not leave behind bomb-giving items such as Pyro. Placing bombs and pushing them towards the enemy with a fart is a viable alternative for shooting tears.
- Rocket in a Jar works about the same way.
- Watch out when using unidentified pills, as R U a Wizard? can be disastrous to the run if not extremely careful and/or lucky. Check the shops for a PHD, just in case.
- The Wafer makes the challenge much easier in Womb and beyond, as it halves the damage dealt from missing tears.
- Any item that helps refill red heart containers such as the Yum Heart, Maggy's Bow, and The Jar will be helpful in case misses are frequent.
- Items that grant homing tears, such as Spoon Bender and Sacred Heart, can make accuracy a lot easier. Although Godhead is a bad item for this challenge (see below).
- A very good strategy is to combine many different followers such as Mongo Baby, Rotten Baby or Isaac's Head, and only using the tears from the followers as Judas' main source of damage. This is complimented by items such as Daddy Longlegs as Judas does not have to fire tears to deal damage with these followers.
- Because of this, BFFS! is a very useful item.
- The Boomerang will not cause damage if it misses, making it an effective alternative to tears given Judas' high damage.
- The Ludovico Technique is an extremely valuable item since the tear never lands, thus Judas can't be hurt if it misses.
- Lachryphagy removes the effect of Judas getting damaged when missing shots, but only when the tear explodes.
- Haemolacria can be powerful, as only the initial tear needs to hit an enemy; the burst tears do not count, unlike for other scatter shot items.
- The Intruder's quad shot does not count as hits/misses, and taking damage, including damage from a missed shot, summons the more effective active familiar.
- Stitches can be used to dodge damage from missed shots if timed correctly. Its teleport can also be used as damage so you don't have to risk missing shots.
- 120 Volt removes the need to fire tears at enemies in normal rooms, allowing Judas to destroy crowds of enemies just by walking by them.
- Taking Tammy's Head or Sad Bombs is not recommended, as they release tears which all count towards hit/miss. Since they release multiple tears at a time, they will almost unavoidably cause tears to hit the ground.
- Unless Judas already has piercing tears, Lost Contact should generally be avoided. While blocking a shot does count as a hit, without piercing, it will also destroy the tear before it can do any damage, making bullet-heavy fights such as Mom's Heart/It Lives and Isaac extraordinarily difficult.
- Taking any item that multiplies the number of tears (e.g. 20/20, The Inner Eye, Mutant Spider, or Monstro's Lung is not recommended, as Judas has to hit with every tear to not take damage.
- Similarly, taking Multidimensional Baby, Compound Fracture, Cricket's Body, The Parasite is not recommended, as the split tears also have to hit enemies for the player to not take damage.
- Be careful when picking up any active Book items, as picking up 3 will transform Judas into a Bookworm, periodically giving him 2 shots.
- Having The Ludovico Technique effectively nullifies this problem.
- Godhead can be dangerous, as even if the aura kills an enemy, if the shot doesn't hit an enemy or poop, it will count as a miss.
- When using Maw of the Void, keep some distance against non-boss enemies. If the ring kills an enemy before the tear hits it, it can cause Judas to miss the shot.
- Circle of Protection: Judas can take damage from tears reflected by the ring.
- Explosivo should be avoided. The Explosivo shot doesn't count as hitting the enemy until it blows up. If Judas kills an enemy with the Explosivo shot on them, the tear will fall to the ground and will damage him. Enemies that jump or teleport will also cause Explosivo shots to fall off. If the enemy with an Explosivo shot walks near a wall, the tear will disappear and will cause damage.
- Soy Milk is not recommended, as it prevents charging shots (instead, firing automatically like regular tears). Judas does get a +1 damage increase after the damage reduction but the fast fire rate will make it nearly impossible to stop tears hitting anything other than an enemy.
- Almond Milk similarly prevents charging shots and adds an unpredictable worm effect
- Taking The Wiz is not recommended, as firing two tears simultaneously will almost certainly cause one tear to miss.
- Taking My Reflection is not recommended, as firing a tear from a long distance causes the tear to reverse back the opposite direction and miss unless there is an enemy behind Judas.
- Hitting a target while having Cursed Eye still damages and teleports out of the room.
- Charging shots before entering a room can kill, since it will fire a big tear followed by 3 little tears, causing damage.
- 3 Dollar Bill, Fruit Cake, and Rainbow Worm are not recommended because the changing effects will make it more likely for tears to miss.
- Libra will balance stats, making Judas' damage much less effective and thus necessitating more shots.
- Bob's Rotten Head will harm Judas if it fails to connect, so it is not recommended unless used for combat.
- Using Clicker may take away Chocolate Milk, making the run significantly more difficult.
- However, if using Clicker results in becoming Lilith, the challenge becomes much easier (see Incubus under Good Items).
- The instant kill effect of Little Horn doesn't count as a hit, and will hurt Judas.
- Trisagion will cause Judas to take damage on every shot.
- Flat Stone will cause Judas to take damage on every tear's skip unless the tear hits an enemy before the next bounce.
- Ghost Pepper will deal damage to Judas each time the blue flame spawns.
- Twisted Pair is not recommended, as tears from each familiar count as needing to land or else Judas will take damage.
- Urn of Souls will harm Judas for each full shot fired.
- Revelation is likely to kill any basic enemy it hits before the Chocolate Milk shot reaches it, making it difficult to avoid damage when firing charged shots.
- Neptunus fires many shots at once, making it very easy for the player to shoot more than needed and cause self damage.
- The challenge's name, "Onan's Streak," and the challenge conditions are a reference to the biblical character Onan. According to Old Testament law, a man with a married, deceased brother would have the responsibility of producing an heir for his sibling. Onan knew that having this heir would prevent him from legally owning his brother's land, and so spilled his semen onto the ground. God viewed this deed as wicked and killed Onan.
- Despite the challenge forcing the player to play Judas, the challenge is only unlocked when beating Mom.
|Bug!||If Judas misses a tear and picks up the trophy while getting hit, he will be frozen in position. Going to the main menu and continuing the run solves this.|
|1. Pitch Black||2. High Brow||3. Head Trauma||4. Darkness Falls||5. The Tank|
|6. Solar System||7. Suicide King||8. Cat Got Your Tongue||9. Demo Man||10. Cursed!|
|11. Glass Cannon||12. When Life Gives You Lemons||13. Beans!||14. It's in the Cards||15. Slow Roll|
|16. Computer Savvy||17. Waka Waka||18. The Host||19. The Family Man||20. Purist|
|21. XXXXXXXXL||22. SPEED!||23. Blue Bomber||24. PAY TO PLAY||25. Have a Heart|
|26. I RULE!||27. BRAINS!||28. PRIDE DAY!||29. Onan's Streak||30. The Guardian|
|31. Backasswards||32. Aprils Fool||33. Pokey Mans||34. Ultra Hard||35. Pong|
|36. Scat Man||37. Bloody Mary||38. Baptism by Fire||39. Isaac's Awakening||40. Seeing Double|
|41. Pica Run||42. Hot Potato||43. Cantripped!||44. Red Redemption||45. DELETE THIS|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|