Effects[edit | edit source]
- Gives Isaac a 5% chance to fire tears that create rifts where they land, which damage nearby enemies and pull in enemies, pickups, and tears/shots from all sources for 2 seconds.
- Rifts deal 0.5x Isaac's damage twice each tick (3x Isaac's damage per second), and enemy shots pulled into the rift will damage other enemies.
- The size of the rift increases with Isaac's damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rift tears can be used to move pickups that might be located behind spikes.
- Placement of the rifts is easier with items which provide a degree of control over tears, e.g. Eye of the Occult.
- Because the pull of Ocular Rift affects enemy shots, it can be used defensively to dismantle the curtains of bullets that Isaac would otherwise have to dodge. This is especially useful for bosses like Hush and Delirium.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Rifts may appear where a brimstone beam hits rock, walls or enemies.
- The Parasite / Compound Fracture: Causes many smaller rifts to also spawn.
- The Ludovico Technique: Each tick of damage has chance of creating rift, which will be slightly bigger in size.
- Tech X: Works similarly to Brimstone.
- Technology: Works similarly to Brimstone.
- Trisagion: May spawn a line of rifts where the laser travels.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Antibirth, this item was called Oculus Rift, a reference to the virtual reality headset brand of the same name; this potentially was changed due to copyright issues.
- In Antibirth, this item's tear chance was affected by Luck, being 100% at 13 Luck.
References[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|