Notched Axe is an activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac holds the Notched Axe above his head as long as he is in that room, and can break any obstacles he touches, as well as being able to break through walls that lead into Secret Rooms.
- Isaac stops shooting tears and holds the Notched Axe like The Forgotten's club, and can break obstacles, blow open doors, and damage enemies by swinging it. Hitting rocks or enemies with the Notched Axe decreases its charge. Isaac can toggle back and forth between tears and using the Notched Axe by pressing the Active Item button. Once the Notched Axe is out of charge, it cannot be used for the rest of the floor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Isaac takes damage while using the Notched Axe, his current use of the Axe will end.
- Isaac cannot attack or pick up other items while using the Notched Axe.
- Activating the item while it is already being used will end the effect. This does not require any charge.
- The Notched Axe may be used to get access to the mines. The door will break open with one swing.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
In Rebirth [edit | edit source]
In Repentance [edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the creator of Minecraft, Markus Persson, a.k.a Notch.
- The item is also a reference to the Notched Pickaxe from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which itself was most likely also a reference to Notch.
- This item got significantly buffed from the original Binding of Isaac, where it could not open up secret rooms and could only break 1 rock for every use, though it did only have a 1 room recharge time.
- When used with the Book of Virtues, this item generates wisps that have different effects based on the "mineral" mined. These minerals appear follow the same scheme as they do in Minecraft, giving the player black, silver, gold, blue and red wisps, most likely corresponding to the Minecraft minerals coal, iron, gold, diamond and redstone respectively.
Seed[edit | edit source]
PC TKNS HMGD (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 4WHX (First floor treasure room)
Vita HE2H MDS7
3DS 66LH Q1TM (First floor treasure room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|