- Upon use, spawns a random item from the current room's item pool, with a chance to spawn A Lump of Coal or The Poop instead.
- Mystery Gift's item depends on the Luck stat.
|Luck||Item Pool||A Lump of Coal||The Poop|
- Book of Virtues: Spawns a random wisp. For the rest of the run, a random wisp spawns after clearing a room if the one given by the item was destroyed, including the replacement wisps given by this effect.
- Car Battery: No effect, Mystery Gift will only spawn a single item.
- Void: Like all single-use active items, this item cannot be absorbed by Void. Instead, it will consume and use the Mystery Gift.
- Mystery Gift is based on this Steam Workshop item by Mills.
- The appearance and pickup quote of the item is a reference to the game Spelunky.
- The item's name is also a reference to the Pokémon franchise's feature for distributing event Pokémon.
- The item having a chance to give A lump of coal is a reference to Santa, who gifts coal to naughty children and giving The Poop references one of Isaac's in-between floors dreams in which he was gifted poop.
Mystery Gift's appearance prior to Booster Pack #2.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music