Effects[edit | edit source]
- Gives Isaac the chance to shoot a spore that, in addition to dealing damage, will stick to enemies.
- Spores will explode 2.5 seconds after sticking to an enemy, dealing 5 damage to and poisoning nearby enemies and firing four more spores in a cross pattern.
- Spores produced from Isaac's spores have homing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Items such as Brimstone and Technology 2 will apply purple tears to enemies as well, despite the absence of tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Gigante Bean: Spore explosions count as farts, and as such are increased in size.
- Lost Contact: Stuck tears will block projectiles shot by attached enemies, crippling or even stopping their ability to shoot projectiles entirely.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Spindown Dice: Rerolls into Broken Shovel, making The Forgotten's unlock easier.
- Dr. Fetus: No effect.
- Mom's Knife: No effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mucormycosis is a fungal infection caused by fungi in the order Mucorales.
- In Antibirth, this item had a similar effect to that of Contagion.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|