- Gives Isaac a 25% chance to shoot a spore that, in addition to dealing damage, will stick to enemies.
- The chance is not affected by Luck.
- Spores will explode 2.5 seconds after sticking to an enemy, dealing 5 damage to and poisoning nearby enemies and firing four more spores in a cross pattern.
- Spores produced from Isaac's spores have homing.
- The spore effects will not damage Isaac.
- This item belongs to the Fun Guy set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into a walking mushroom.
- Items such as Brimstone and Technology 2 will apply spores to enemies as well, despite the absence of tears.
- Gigante Bean: Spore explosions count as farts, and as such are increased in size.
- Godhead: Godhead's aura expands as the spore tear grows on enemies.
- Lodestone: Magnetized enemies draw other enemies to them, greatly increasing the chance that spores spread to other enemies.
- Lost Contact: Stuck tears will block projectiles shot by attached enemies, crippling or even stopping their ability to shoot projectiles entirely.
- Spindown Dice: Rerolls into the full Mom's Shovel, making The Forgotten's unlock easier.
- Dr. Fetus: No effect.
- Epic Fetus: No effect.
- Mom's Knife: No effect.
- Mucormycosis is a fungal infection caused by fungi in the order Mucorales.
- In Antibirth, this item had a similar effect to that of Contagion.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|