Monster Manual is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
When used, a random familiar will be spawned from the following:
- ???'s Only Friend
- Angry Fly
- Ball of Bandages
- Big Fan
- Bob's Brain
- Brother Bobby
- Cube of Meat
- Demon Baby
- Distant Admiration
- Dry Baby
- Forever Alone
- Guardian Angel
- Halo of Flies
- Headless Baby
- Juicy Sack
- Lil Brimstone
- Lil Haunt
- Little Chubby
- Little Gish
- Little Steven
- Robo-Baby 2.0
- Rotten Baby
- Sissy Longlegs
- Sister Maggy
- Smart Fly
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual only last for the current room.
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual last for the rest of the floor.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It can spawn familiars not yet unlocked.
- If Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages are spawned and Isaac already has either of those items, the level of these items will increase for the current room.
- If Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages are spawned and Isaac already has either of those items, the level of these items will increase for the current floor.
- Using Monster Manual is a good method to unlock achievements related to Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl.
- Fly related items given by Monster Manual do not contribute to the Beelzebub transformation.
- Mongo Baby will not copy familiars spawned by Monster Manual.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, due to a typing error this item was called Monster Manuel. This has been corrected for Rebirth.
- Monster Manual may sometimes display the misspelled name when picked up.
- Monster Manual is a direct reference to Dungeons & Dragons. Its appearance in the game closely resembles the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons First Edition Monster Manual.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC HGN1 GBFC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC A6V2 BD1M (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC RPFQ NXGG (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC PSXL 8WRV (treasure room adjacent to spawn) (both modes)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|