Monster Manual is an activated item.
When used, a random familiar will be spawned from the following:
- ???'s Only Friend
- Angry Fly
- Ball of Bandages
- Big Chubby
- Big Fan
- Bloodshot Eye
- Bob's Brain
- Boiled Baby
- Bot Fly
- Brother Bobby
- Cube of Meat
- Demon Baby
- Distant Admiration
- Dry Baby
- Farting Baby
- Fate's Reward
- Forever Alone
- Freezer Baby
- Friend Zone
- Fruity Plum
- Guardian Angel
- Halo of Flies
- Headless Baby
- Juicy Sack
- Lil Abaddon
- Lil Brimstone
- Lil Delirium
- Lil Gurdy
- Lil Haunt
- Lil Loki
- Lil Monstro
- Lil Spewer
- Little Chubby
- Little Gish
- Little Steven
- Lost Fly
- The Peeper
- Robo-Baby 2.0
- Rotten Baby
- Sissy Longlegs
- Sister Maggy
- Smart Fly
- Sworn Protector
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual last for the current room.
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual last for the rest of the floor.
- Familiars generated by Monster Manual do not contribute toward transformations.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
- It can spawn familiars not yet unlocked.
- If Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages are spawned and Isaac already has either of those items, the level of these items will increase for the current room floor.
- Using Monster Manual is a good method to unlock achievements related to Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl.
- Using Monster Manual and enough Batteries, Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl can both be achieved in the same run.
- If Isaac does not already have the Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages, Monster Manual can spawn a level 2 Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages in one use.
- Mongo Baby will not copy familiars spawned by Monster Manual.
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual cannot be rerolled into other items by D4 or D100.
- Box of Friends will not duplicate familiars spawned by Monster Manual.
- Tinytoma orbitals will persist between floors until they are all destroyed. They will not respawn outside of the floor they were generated in.
- The familiars summoned by Monster Manual are items with a
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps in the inner ring. The given wisps function similarly to familiars given by Buddy in a Box.
- Sacrificial Altar: Summoned familiars can be sacrificed since they persist for the entire floor, even if Monster Manual isn't currently being held.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, due to a typing error this item was called "Monster Manuel". This has been corrected for Rebirth.
- Monster Manual may sometimes display the misspelled name when picked up.
- Monster Manual is a direct reference to Dungeons & Dragons. Its appearance in the game closely resembles the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons First Edition Monster Manual.
- The item being in the Devil Room pool is likely a reference to the moral panic surrounding the game in the 1980s.
PC HGN1 GBFC ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC A6V2 BD1M ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC RPFQ NXGG ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC PSXL 8WRV ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC KSVH 8CTT ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|