Monster Manual is an activated item.
When used, a random familiar will be spawned from the following:
- ???'s Only Friend
- Angry Fly
- Ball of Bandages
- Big Fan
- Bob's Brain
- Boiled Baby
- Bot Fly
- Brother Bobby
- Cube of Meat
- Demon Baby
- Distant Admiration
- Dry Baby
- Forever Alone
- Freezer Baby
- Fruity Plum
- Guardian Angel
- Halo of Flies
- Headless Baby
- Juicy Sack
- Lil Abaddon
- Lil Brimstone
- Lil Delirium
- Lil Haunt
- Little Chubby
- Little Gish
- Little Steven
- Robo-Baby 2.0
- Rotten Baby
- Sissy Longlegs
- Sister Maggy
- Smart Fly
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual last for the current room.
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual last for the rest of the floor.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
- It can spawn familiars not yet unlocked.
- If Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages are spawned and Isaac already has either of those items, the level of these items will increase for the current room.
- The level of these items will increase for the current floor.
- Using Monster Manual is a good method to unlock achievements related to Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl.
- Fly related items given by Monster Manual do not contribute to the Beelzebub transformation.
- Mongo Baby will not copy familiars spawned by Monster Manual.
- Familiars spawned by Monster Manual cannot be rerolled into other items by D4 or D100.
- Box of Friends will not duplicate familiars spawned by Monster Manual.
- Tinytoma orbitals will persist between floors until they are all destroyed. They will not respawn outside of the floor they were generated in.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, due to a typing error this item was called "Monster Manuel". This has been corrected for Rebirth.
- Monster Manual may sometimes display the misspelled name when picked up.
- Monster Manual is a direct reference to Dungeons & Dragons. Its appearance in the game closely resembles the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons First Edition Monster Manual.
- The item being in the Devil Room pool is likely a reference to the moral panic surrounding the game in the 1980s.
PC HGN1 GBFC (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC A6V2 BD1M (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC RPFQ NXGG (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|