Mom's Shovel is an active item added in Booster Pack #5.
It is obtained by collecting both pieces of the Broken Shovel.
- Using this on a dirt patch that appears in grave rooms will unlock The Forgotten.
- Spawns a trapdoor that leads to the next floor upon activation, identical to We Need to Go Deeper!
- Once Mom's Shovel is complete, the stomping caused by Broken Shovel stops.
- Unlike the Broken Shovel, Mom's Shovel will not disappear if it is left on a pedestal, and Isaac leaves and re-enters the room it was left in.
- Like We Need to Go Deeper!, this item can be used to destroy rocks if used while Isaac is flying over a rock.
- The entire sidequest involving The Shovel and challenge with constant stomping can be circumvented entirely if Spindown Dice is used on Mucormycosis, as it will reroll into the completed Shovel.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns two wisps on the middle ring: one looks like The Forgotten, which has increased HP but does not fire tears, and another that looks like The Soul, which fires tears that have a 10% chance of invoking II - The High Priestess on enemies.
- This item could be a reference to Ending 20, where Isaac is dead inside the chest being nothing but skeletal remains, and this item was what Mom used to bury Isaac underground.
- Mom's Shovel can be obtained in Greed Mode by using Spindown Dice on Mucormycosis.
The dirt mound, as found in the Dark Room.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|