|This article is about the boss. For the transformation, see Yes Mother (Transformation). For other uses, see Mom (Disambiguation).|
Mom appears in a unique boss room that has a boss door in the center of all sides of the room. Mom can use these doorways to perform various attacks:
- Stomps on Isaac's position, damaging nearby enemies and destroying obstacles. This attack is telegraphed by a growing shadow and her grunting.
- If Isaac is near a door, Mom reaches in with her hand, dealing contact damage.
- Sticks out a piece of flesh from a door and spawns a Monster with a maximum of 3 alive at once:
- Sticks an eye out of a door, which does not attack but can deal contact damage.
- Upon Defeat, all enemies spawned by Mom die alongside her, except for Globins, which collapse into piles of goo.
Mom deals one heart of contact damage.
Behavior in Mausoleum/Gehenna
- Stomps 3 times on Isaac's position in rapid succession, with the third stomp releasing explosions in the cardinal directions.
- If an eye is already attacking, only 1 stomp will be performed.
- She always begins the fight by stomping once in the center of the room, just like in Chapter 3.
- Sticks an eye out of a door, and if Isaac is in line of sight, it shoots 2 Brimstone beams in a helix pattern towards the door on the opposite side.
- If Mom had already initiated the 3-stomp attack, the eyes opened during it won't fire the beams.
- Sticks out a piece of flesh from a door and spawns a Monster:
- Unlike in Chapter 3, Mom never uses her hand attack.
- Upon Defeat, all enemies spawned by Mom die alongside her, except for Cursed Globins, which collapse into 2 piles of goo.
Mom deals a whole heart of contact damage. This version of Mom never spawns as a champion.
Champion Versions 
- Blue: Has 793.4 HP (23% more), summons monsters more often and summons a different variation of enemies that were added in the Wrath of The Lamb expansion of the original game, which are:
- Red: Does not summon monsters at all, and instead constantly uses her foot stomp, which has increased speed. Her eyes can shoot three blood shots in a spread formation at Isaac when they emerge.
Mom as one of Delirium's forms.
- Mom calling Isaac by name.
- The Womb - Defeat Mom.
- Defeating Mom for the first time changes the current savefile's image.
- Using The Bible or XV - The Devil? during the Mom boss fight kills her instantly and unlocks The Halo.
- Using The High Priestess card during the fight with Mom results in Isaac being stomped instead of the enemy with the highest health.
- Though, if done correctly, one could kill Mom in one hit by using the card while next to Mom's leg.
- Mom's stomp attack counts as a bomb; this means Isaac can be immune to it with Pyromaniac or Host Hat.
- Mom cannot damage herself with her stomp attack.
- Midas' Touch causes Mom's foot to be turned into gold before it lands.
- The Polaroid is always to the left and The Negative is always to the right, in case Curse Of The Blind is active.
- In The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls rendition of Credit Card, the name "Magdalene O. Moriah" can be seen carved in the credit card. The name was reused on Four Souls+ rendition of Divorce Papers. Edmund has confirmed that this is indeed Mom's full name.
- The initials happen to spell out "M.O.M.".
- This is further confirmed in-game during the background conversation during the Ascent, where Dad calls Mom "Maggy" as he tells her to shut up.
- The last name "Moriah" is likely a reference to the biblical location of the same name. In the bible, it is said that Moriah is where Abraham almost sacrificed his son before God sent an angel to stop his hand.
- According to Edmund, the occupations of Mom and Dad are stay-at-home mom and handyman respectively.
- Mom is voiced by Carla Kihlstedt.
- Mom appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- In the original, Mom's voice was provided by Patty Allen-Scott
- Mom's Leg originally dealt a full heart of damage.
- Unlike in Rebirth, Mom would shout "Isaac!" whenever she exposed her eye.
- Mom is the only final boss that has Champion variants.
- Using the The Bible and killing Mom instantly is a reference on how a bible hits her head in the epilogue of the game, knocking her out or killing her.
- During the versus screen, the "Isaac!" line from Mom can be heard, despite the battle not starting yet. She is one of seven/ five bosses that can be heard during the versus screen; the other six/ four are Big Horn, The Stain, The Forsaken, Mom's Heart, It Lives and Mother.
- If Isaac gets hurt by Mom, she will laugh.
- The skirt she wears on her in-game sprite is difficult to see in regular play, as her leg extends past the screen. Using the Dataminer or the Meat Cleaver can make the skirt visible.
- Delirium's Mom form appears to wear a pile of flesh and organs rather than a skirt.
- A disembodied version of Mom's leg stomp attack can be summoned as apart of the effects of II - The High Priestess, Broken Shovel, and II - The High Priestess?.
- Defeating Mom for the first time causes mods to no longer disable achievements.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, Globins spawned by Mom could turn into Dank Globins if she was fought in Dank Depths.
- When she is fought in Mausoleum, her leg appears to be in a much more sickly state; with many varicose veins lining it.
- Her hand also has a unique updated sprite despite the fact that she never uses it in this fight.
- Mother could be considered as her posthumous version.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|