The Missing Poster is an unlockable trinket.
- If Isaac dies to a Sacrifice Room's spikes, a puzzle piece will appear on his last will.
- Dying in a Sacrifice Room while holding it unlocks The Lost. If The Lost is already unlocked, it instead revives Isaac as The Lost on death, then disappears.
- None of the effects will occur during any Challenges.
- Resurrection items activate in a set order. Missing Poster has the lowest priority of all / the second lowest priority of all, with only Tainted Lost's Birthright effect being lower.
- Also works while The Lost is the one carrying it.
- Missing Poster counts as an extra life for Tainted Lost, rather than respawning him as his non-tainted counterpart.
- The Lost will not carry Holy Mantle when revived into this way.
- If Isaac teleports out of the Sacrifice Room before dying, The Lost will not be unlocked.
- Gulp! / Marbles / Smelter: Missing Poster functions correctly after being consumed, but still disappears after activating.
- Birthright: The Lost's Birthright effect will apply after respawning as him, even if Birthright was obtained prior to dying.
- The puzzle piece will belong to one of four jigsaw puzzles, differentiated by a grey symbol in the corner of each piece.
- The symbol can either be a pixel, a 2x2px square, a 3x3 px square, or four pixels arranged like a plus-sign.
- Each jigsaw puzzle displays an altered last will for the characters Isaac, Magdalene, Judas, or Azazel respectively.
- Each picture on the last will shows in which way Isaac has to die when playing as the respective character to unlock The Lost.
- There are many puzzle pieces and more details to be found; see here.
Note that this footage only applies to the Rebirth version of this trinket and does not show the changes made to it in Afterbirth.
- The first scenes in Ending 15 and Ending 17 show The Missing Poster pinned to a utility pole, with a silhouette of Isaac's mother who seems to be searching for Isaac in the background.
- There are many puzzle pieces in total. Assembling all of the jigsaw puzzles and figuring out what they meant was initially designed to be a collaborative effort of the community. As such, Edmund and Tyrone had openly expressed disappointment towards the datamining.
- The unlock pop-up of Missing Poster calls it "Lost Poster". Unknown if it's a mistake or a hint.
Note that achievements are disabled when using seeds.
PC 38JD 9HNG ( Curse Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Lamb Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|