The Missing Poster is an unlockable trinket.
- If Isaac dies to the center spikes in a Sacrifice Room while holding it, a particular puzzle piece will be displayed as the cause of his death on his last will.
- Dying in a Sacrifice Room while holding it will unlock The Lost. Isaac does not have to die to the center spikes.
- If Isaac dies while holding this trinket and has already unlocked The Lost, he will be revived in the previous room as The Lost and Missing Poster will be consumed.
- This counts as a free extra life for The Lost.
- If Tainted Lost dies while holding the trinket, he does not become the normal Lost and is revived as is.
- Other tainted characters will still revive as the normal Lost.
- None of the effects will occur during any Challenges.
- You can still respawn as The Lost if unlocked.
- Missing Poster has the lowest priority of all resurrection items.
- The Lost will not be unlocked if the player is in a Victory Lap or RERUN.
- Even if Holy Mantle has been unlocked as one of The Lost's starting items, if any character dies while holding the Missing Poster, The Lost will not hold the Holy Mantle upon revival.
- Due to The Lost's rework in Repentance, his passive Holy Mantle trait carries over to Missing Poster as well, making it much safer to utilize.
- If Gulp!, Smelter, or Marbles were used to absorb the poster, its effects will apply and can be used to unlock The Lost and respawn (but the effect still only applies once).
- If Isaac teleports out of the Sacrifice Room before dying, The Lost will not be unlocked.
Puzzle Pieces 
- The puzzle piece will belong to one of four jigsaw puzzles. To which one is indicated by a tiny grey symbol to the top left of the piece.
- The symbol can either be a pixel, a 2x2px square, a 3x3 px square, or four pixels arranged like a plus-sign.
- Each jigsaw puzzle displays an altered last will for the characters Isaac, Magdalene, Judas, or Azazel respectively.
- Each picture on the last will shows in which way Isaac has to die when playing as the respective character to unlock The Lost.
Note that this footage only applies to the Rebirth version of this trinket and does not show the changes made to it in Afterbirth.
- The first scenes in Ending 15 and Ending 17 show The Missing Poster pinned to a utility pole, with a silhouette of Isaac's mother who seems to be searching for Isaac in the background.
- There are many puzzle pieces in total. Assembling all of the jigsaw puzzles and figuring out what they meant was initially designed to be a collaborative effort of the community. As such, Edmund and Tyrone had openly expressed disappointment towards the datamining.
- The unlock pop-up of Missing Poster calls it "Lost Poster". Unknown if it's a mistake or a hint.
Note that achievements are disabled when using seeds.
PC 38JD 9HNG (Curse room adjacent to spawn, drops after clearing the room) (doesn't work in repentance)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|