Midas' Touch is a passive item.
- Petrifies and turns enemies into gold upon contact with Isaac.
- Enemies killed while in this state will drop 1-4 Pennies.
- Enemies that make contact with Isaac take damage equal to the number of coins he has.
- The damage is 3.5+0.2x the number of Isaac's coins.
- Damage is dealt up to twice per second per enemy.
- With Midas' Touch, some effects that create Poop may instead create Golden Poop (see Synergies for details).
- If an enemy doesn't deal contact damage, Midas' Touch can safely be used on it to create extra Pennies. Black flies, Bulbs, Mulligans, and Hosts are the most common enemies this can be applied to.
- If Isaac has 13 coins or more when using Midas' Touch on Mulligans, they will die and release flies, hurting Isaac.
- With Skatole, Hives and Swarmers will constantly spawn black flies, meaning they can create endless amounts of coins.
- As Mom's foot and Satan's feet don't deal contact damage, Midas' Touch can be used against them to great effect.
- When used against Ultra Greed, his armor will be partially impaired to a 25% efficiency.
- Spawning Multiplayer Babies while the player has Midas' Touch will give the Midas' Touch effects (freeze on touch + damage) to the baby itself. This can be abused, considering the baby's invincibility frames upon spawning:
- Spawn the baby using the Enter key. It is invincible for a short period.
- During this period, stay in contact with enemies to freeze them and damage them.
- This can be used to gather 99 coins very quickly, and in turn, deal massive damage with Midas' Touch damage component.
- Petrified enemies that are frozen will not drop any coins on death.
- Midas' Touch can be a great item with Tainted Keeper, as you can run into enemies and get even more coins. Just be careful to not kill yourself.
- A Card Against Humanity: Spawned Poops have a great chance to turn into Golden Poops. 10% at 0 luck and 100% at 18 luck, this also applies to poop spawned by the Re-Lax pill.
- Epic Fetus + E Coli: Launching a rocket at Isaac will turn the rocket into a golden poop, causing the explosion to break it automatically and spawning coins, which allows health to be exchanged for money.
- Mine Crafter: Occasionally spawns a golden TNT barrel which turns into a regular pushable TNT after 3 seconds. While in its gold state, Isaac cannot collide with the barrel nor push it, although it can be pushed by enemies. In some cases, the golden barrel will explode immediately after spawning, dealing damage to Isaac. Apart from that, it doesn't give any benefits to the player.
- The Poop: Using The Poop has a high chance to spawn Golden Poop. 50% at 0 luck and 100% at 7 luck.
- Any item or card that grants Isaac temporary invincibility lets Isaac use Midas' Touch on any enemy without taking damage. This includes, but is not limited to:
- VII - The Chariot
- A Pony
- Book of Shadows
- Breath of Life
- Celtic Cross
- Dull Razor
- Empty Vessel
- Gnawed Leaf
- Holy Card
- Holy Mantle
- My Little Unicorn
- Pill: Feels like I'm walking on Sunshine!
- Pill: Power Pill!
- Rune of Algiz
- The Gamekid
- The Polaroid
- Unicorn Stump
- Ventricle Razor (briefly after exiting a portal)
- White Pony
- Wooden Cross
Mine Crafter: Instantly detonates the TNT block when placed, damaging Isaac in the process.
- This item is a reference to King Midas from Greek Mythology, who was able to turn everything he touched with his hand into gold and ended up accidentally turning his daughter into a golden statue.
PC ECQD 406C (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 1GGE L14P (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 TTWQ DSHX (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita FMPM PY7E (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch KCCV 8LM3 (First Floor Treasure Room; East from Start)
- Butt Bombs
- Brown Nugget
- Dirty Mind
- E Coli
- Hallowed Ground
- Montezuma's Revenge
- No. 2
- The Poop
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|