|Base HP||Stage HP|
- Additionally in the Flooded Caves.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Mega Maw is stationary and will perform the following attacks:
- Fires red projectiles at Isaac in disorganized bursts, similar to Monstro.
- Releases 2 rings of 5 flames which expand outwards and rotate in opposite directions.
- Releases one large ring of 9 flames that expands outwards.
- Releases one large ring of 9 flames that can rotate in either direction while expanding outwards.
- Gradually spits out a Hopper directly below it.
Champion Versions [edit | edit source]
- Black: Spits 1-2 Spiders instead of Hoppers. The Spiders will be tossed directly towards Isaac instead of landing below Mega Maw. It does not use flame attacks.
- Red: Has a completely different set of attacks:
- Fires a ring of 9 blood shots that spiral outward.
- Fires 4 lines of 4 curving blood shots.
- Fires 4 lines of 7 waving blood shots.
- Fires 10 lines of 4 blood shots in all directions.
- All the attacks of the Red version do 1 heart of damage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mega Maw as one of Delirium's forms.
Concept art for Mega Maw (known in this sketch as "Mr. Maw Mega"), along with a scrapped variant of Pin and what is presumably an earlier version of The Gate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the boss version of the Maws.
- The Gate is the posthumous version of it.
- Before its fire attack, a purple flame can be seen emanating from its forehead.
- Despite its name, it acts and looks more like a Horf (or a Psychic Horf) than a Maw, because it does not move and its eyes are more round.
- Its fire attack could be a reference to Mega Man's leaf shield/attack.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|