Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, Isaac fires a giant, incredibly powerful blood laser, similar to the one used by Mega Satan, for 15 seconds.
- The beam deals Isaac's current damage multiplied by 5 per tick.
- The beam has enough power to push Isaac backward while being fired and will last between rooms, and across multiple floors.
- The beam has spectral and piercing effects.
- The beam can be moved while firing in many angles diagonally.
- While Mega Blast is being fired, Isaac cannot:
- The laser extinguishes fires, detonates TNT, and destroys poop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up a Little Battery with this item will not fully charge it. Instead, it will add 3 to its charge, meaning that 4 batteries are required to fully recharge the item.
- A Charged Key will only add 3 charges as well.
- Little Batteries and Charged Keys add 6 charges instead of 3.
- Using a 48 Hour Energy pill with this item will fully charge it.
- Picking up a Mega Battery will fully charge it twice.
- Mega Blast has an 80% decreased item pool weight, making it less likely to appear than other collectibles.
- To unlock Mega Blast, Mega Satan must be defeated with all characters including secret characters (The Lost and Keeper).
Synergies[edit | edit source]
All synergies and interactions pertaining to Brimstone pertain to Mega Blast, with the following exceptions and additions:
- Schoolbag: Beam will continue to fire when switching to another active item. Other active items can be used while the beam is firing.
- 4.5 Volt: Item will gain charges for dealing damage, which is especially effective when fighting bosses with large health pool.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Angelic Prism: The beam does not split.
- Anti-Gravity: No effect.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Incubus: Familiar fires normal tears while Mega Blast is in use.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mega Blast's collectible sprite is called 'Mega Satan's Breath' in the game files, which may be its initial name.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC WCB1 YZ39 (First floor Devil Room)
PC 3KY4 LSVL (Second floor Devil Room)
PC S3VX RPWZ (Starting item as Eden)
PS4 XGYR 11TV (Starting item as Eden)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||If the player continues a run that was exited while Mega Blast was active, Isaac will retain the costume and animation of Mega Blast until the item is used again, but no beam will appear.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|