- Upon use, Isaac fires a giant, incredibly powerful blood laser, similar to the one used by Mega Satan, for 15 seconds.
- The beam deals Isaac's current damage multiplied by 5 per tick.
- The beam has enough power to push Isaac backward while being fired and will last between rooms, and across multiple floors.
- The beam has spectral and piercing effects.
- The beam can be moved while firing in many angles diagonally.
- While Mega Blast is being fired, Isaac cannot:
- The laser extinguishes fires, detonates TNT, and destroys poop.
- Picking up a Little Battery with this item will not fully charge it. Instead, it will add 3 to its charge, meaning that 4 batteries are required to fully recharge the item.
- A Charged Key will only add 3 charges as well.
- Little Batteries and Charged Keys add 6 charges instead of 3.
- Picking up a Mega Battery will fully charge it twice.
- Using a 48 Hour Energy pill with this item will fully charge it.
- Mega Blast has an 80% decreased item pool weight, making it less likely to appear than other collectibles.
- To unlock Mega Blast, Mega Satan must be defeated with all 13 characters.
- It is not recommended to use Mega Blast in fight with The Beast, because its beam forces you into obstacles on the level.
All synergies and interactions pertaining to Brimstone pertain to Mega Blast, with the following exceptions and additions:
- Schoolbag: Beam will continue to fire when switching to another active item. Other active items can be used while the beam is firing.
- 4.5 Volt: Item will gain charges for dealing damage, which is especially effective when fighting bosses with large health pool.
- Angelic Prism: The beam does not split.
- Anti-Gravity: No effect.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Incubus: Familiar fires normal tears while Mega Blast is in use.
- Mega Blast's collectible sprite is called 'Mega Satan's Breath' in the game files, which may be its initial name.
PC WCB1 YZ39 (First floor Devil Room)
PC 3KY4 LSVL (Second floor Devil Room)
PC S3VX RPWZ (Starting item as Eden)
PS4 XGYR 11TV (Starting item as Eden)
|Bug!||If the player continues a run that was exited while Mega Blast was active, Isaac will retain the costume and animation of Mega Blast until the item is used again, but no beam will appear.|
|Bug!||If the player uses Glowing Hour Glass while in the room that they used Mega Blast, then the Mega Blast attack will still function, but the animation will be removed, and you reobtain full charge for Mega Blast.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|