The door to the Mausoleum will appear after defeating the boss in Mines II or The Depths I. It costs two full hearts to enter. The damage taken ignores all forms of damage reduction, including The Wafer and invincibility.
- The Lost can enter the door for free.
- Mr. ME!, Dad's Key and Sharp Key can be used to open the door without taking damage.
The door to Mausoleum II will not appear after defeating Mom.
- If your goal is Mother, after defeating the boss in Mines II, it's recommended to avoid the trapdoor to The Depths I but use the door to Mausoleum immediately. Or else, a Curse of the Labyrinth in The Depths may ruin your progress, and your last hope is Forget Me Now or a Dice Room, which can reroll and restart the current floor.
- Teleporting out of Mom's room and entering the strange door will take you to Mausoleum II. However, the Bosses are not present on this floor. The Boss Room contains Dad's Note, which initiates the Ascent.
You can find both Mom and Mom's Heart in Mausoleum II, and they are both tougher and harder than their counterparts in The Depths II. After Mausoleum Mom is defeated, a sealed red door appears, requiring both Knife Piece 1 and Knife Piece 2 to be stabbed into the slot. The following room contains Mausoleum Mom's Heart, and once that is defeated, the entrance in Mausoleum Mom's room will lead the player to Corpse.
- A Sharp Key can be used in place of the Knife.
The alternative floor to Mausoleum is Gehenna. It is unlocked after all bosses from this floor have been defeated.
||39.4||Randomly wanders around the room. Pauses to charge and fire a homing Brimstone laser when Isaac gets in its line of sight.|
||227.0||Wanders around the room and throws a bone at Isaac when he is in sight.|
||306.1||Spawns fly and spider enemies until it is destroyed.|
||805.0||Shields all enemies in the room, preventing them from taking damage. Fires shots in the cardinal directions when it takes damage.|
||832.1||Shoots two purple, rotating tears like a Ragling.|
||833.0||Flies around the room and propels itself by spawning flames.|
||834.0||Utilises a whip to target Isaac.|
||834.1||Utilises a long whip to target Isaac.|
|Level 2 Willo
Level 2 Willo
|838.0||Orbits enemies and shoots tears at Isaac. If the enemy it is orbiting dies, it will orbit another enemy. However, if all enemies are dead, it will move similarly to a Level 2 Fly, while still occasionally shooting at Isaac.|
||877.0||Quickly slides towards Isaac when he gets in its line of sight. Cannot be destroyed.|
||883.0||Floats toward Isaac and fires a small Brimstone at Isaac after getting close to him.|
||885.0||Wanders quickly around the room, reviving enemies that have died in the current room. Also creates an indestructible, homing Purple Ball at the start of the room.|
||885.1||Fires a line of blood shots and creep if Isaac is on either side of it. Occasionally summons bone traps that temporarily ensnare Isaac if he walks into them.|
|The Heretic||The Siren||Mom||Mom's Heart|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Antibirth, fully constructing The Knife required 3 Knife Pieces, with the third appearing in Mausoleum II. For Repentance, however, the third piece was removed, and the completed knife only requires the player to obtain two pieces from Downpour and Mines.
- The Visage was originally a Mausoleum boss in Antibirth, but it was changed in Repentance to appear on Mausoleum's alternate floor, Gehenna. It's appearance was also updated from purple to red to reflect this.
- This might have been because of Gehenna's "torture chamber" theming, which Visage complements more so than Mausoleum's occult theming.
- Mausoleum is referred to on Isaac's Last Will as "Some Cursed Place".
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|