- Double tapping a direction makes Isaac quickly dash in that direction.
- Isaac is immune to damage from all sources during the dash, with the exception of Blood Donation Machines, Devil Beggars, and similar self-damage active items.
- The dash deals damage equal to 4x Isaac's damage + 8.
- The direction of the dash can be changed by holding another button.
- The dash has an approximate 3 second cooldown.
- The dash can be used to enter Curse Rooms and open Spiked Chests/ Mimic Chests without taking damage.
- The dash can destroy Shopkeepers.
- With a controller, tapping the joystick is rather inconsistent, and the dash can often activate by accident. Using the directional pad instead is recommended.
- When Mars's dash is charged, Isaac will occasionally flash brightly, and visible steam will emit from his nose.
- Extra care needs to be taken with this item, as tapping for precise movements too quickly will cause a dash.
- Camo Undies: Can be used to deal damage without breaking the confusion effect.
- Kamikaze!: Kamikaze can be used without taking damage while dashing.
- A Pony / White Pony: Lowers the dash cooldown to approximately 1.5 second.
- Tainted Forgotten: Tainted Forgotten will charge on double-tap if Tainted Soul is not holding him. This can be used to let Tainted Forgotten attack enemies from a resting position, or move him away from damaging hazards so Tainted Soul can pick him up.
- Isaac looks like War while holding this item. In Roman mythology, Mars was the god of war.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music