Magneto is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Pickups (e.g. hearts, coins, keys, bombs, etc.) are attracted to Isaac.
- The attraction enables the item to pass/fly over pits or rocks, but not through Key Blocks.
- Hearts are only attracted if Isaac could pick them up with his existing Red Heart containers.
- Batteries act similarly to hearts in that they will only be attracted to Isaac if his active item isn't fully charged.
- Chests roughly 2 or fewer tiles away from Isaac open automatically. Spiked chests are opened without damaging Isaac. Locked chests and stone chests are not opened and still require a key/bomb.
- Sacks are not attracted by Magneto.
- A few enemies (like the Horf) are drawn toward Isaac as well.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Magneto can attract Scared Hearts, but they still run away from Isaac.
- If Magneto opens the chests in Challenge Rooms, the waves won't start spawning, nor the way out will be closed.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Hypercoagulation: Magneto cuts the momentum of the hearts, allowing for easy pickup and, in turn, making Isaac very tough to kill.
- Tainted Magdalene/ Tainted Keeper: Attracts hearts and coins dropped by enemies, allowing for an easier survival and/or coin mongering respectively.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item's name may be a reference to the X-Men villain, Magneto.
- This item's coloration and placement on Isaac's head may be a nod to Magnet Man, a villain from the early Mega Man games (noticeably Mega Man 3).
- Despite what the description says, Magneto will not attract passive or active items.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Vita SXMP T4YJ
PC 46Q7 YPND (Treasure Room adjacent to first long room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|