This article is about the Magneto item. For a similar item, see Strange Attractor. For a related trinket, see Broken Magnet.
Magneto is a passive item.
- Pickups (e.g. hearts, coins, keys, bombs, etc.) are attracted to Isaac.
- The attraction enables the item to pass/fly over pits or rocks, but not through Key Blocks.
- Hearts are only attracted if Isaac could pick them up with his existing Red Heart containers.
- Batteries act similarly to hearts in that they will only be attracted to Isaac if his active item isn't fully charged.
- Chests roughly 2 or fewer tiles away from Isaac open automatically. Spiked chests are opened without damaging Isaac. Locked chests and stone chests are not opened and still require a key/bomb.
- A few enemies (like the Horf) are drawn toward Isaac as well.
- Magneto can attract Scared Hearts, but they still run away from Isaac.
- Sacks are not attracted nor opened by Magneto.
- If Magneto opens the chests in Challenge Rooms, the waves won't start spawning, nor the way out will be closed.
- Hypercoagulation: Magneto cuts the momentum of the hearts, allowing for easy pickup and, in turn, making Isaac very tough to kill.
- Options?: If a chest is presented as a choice and opened by Magneto, the other reward won't disappear unless the empty chest is then touched. Chests with items disappear or make the other reward disappear, though.
- Tainted Magdalene/ Tainted Keeper: Attracts hearts and coins dropped by enemies, allowing for an easier survival and/or coin mongering respectively.
- The item's name may be a reference to the X-Men villain, Magneto.
- This item's coloration and placement on Isaac's head may be a nod to Magnet Man, a villain from the early Mega Man games (noticeably Mega Man 3).
- Despite what the description says, Magneto will not attract passive or active items.
- Broken Magnet appears to be half of this item, and indeed retains part of its function.
Vita SXMP T4YJ
PC 46Q7 YPND (Treasure Room adjacent to first long room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|