Machines are objects that Isaac can interact with to gain a variety of rewards.
Walking up to the Slot Machine and bumping into it will consume one penny and spin the slots. The Machine then has a chance to spawn one of its possible rewards. Slot Machines appear naturally in Arcades, Secret Rooms, and other room layouts, and can be summoned using the X - Wheel of Fortune tarot card.
If the Slot Machine is caught in an explosion of any kind, it will be destroyed, yielding various rewards (see below). The Slot Machine also has a 2% chance to self-destruct after inserting a penny, in which case it drops several random pickups or A Dollar and becomes unusable.
The D4 is unlocked when 30 Slot Machines are destroyed (via explosion or overloading) by Isaac.
|Explosion||Nothing||Bomb||Key||Heart||Pill||One Coin||Two Coins||A Dollar||Black Fly||Pretty Fly|
|No Lucky Foot, Normal||2||54.0||4.7||3.1||9.3||4.7||11.4||5.7||0.47||3.1||1.56|
|Lucky Foot, Normal||2||37.4||6.5||4.4||13.1||6.5||16.0||8.0||0.65||4.4||2.18|
|No Lucky Foot, Hard||2||76.0||2.3||1.6||4.7||2.3||5.7||2.9||0.23||1.6||0.78|
|Lucky Foot, Hard||2||67.2||3.3||2.2||6.5||3.3||8.0||4.0||0.33||2.2||1.09|
Possible Rewards when Destroyed
When Isaac destroys a Slot Machine, there is a:
- 10% chance to drop a random pill
- 10% chance to drop a random trinket
- 1% chance to drop a Chest
- 1% chance to drop a Locked Chest
- 78% chance to drop 2-3 random pickup groupings; for each grouping, there is a
- 35% chance to drop 1-3 random coins
- 20% chance to drop a random heart
- If Daemon's Tail is held, there is an 80% chance to prevent this grouping from being chosen; if prevented, another pickup grouping will be chosen instead.
- If chosen, there is a 50% chance that this counts as 2 pickup groupings.
- 15% chance to drop a random key
- 30% chance to drop a random bomb
There is a 33% chance of an extra pickup grouping spawning if Isaac is holding Lucky Toe.
Furthermore, if the 78% chance to drop the pickup groupings is selected, there is a 33% chance for the following conditions to occur:
- If Ace of Spades is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random card.
- If Safety Cap is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random pill.
- If Match Stick is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random bomb.
- If Child's Heart is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random heart.
- If Rusted Key is held, there is a 50% chance to spawn an extra random key.
Note that only 1 additional item can spawn from this 33% chance. In the case of having multiple matching trinkets, the conditions are checked in order.
Fortune Telling Machine
The Fortune Telling Machine is similar to the Slot Machine. Bumping into the Machine costs one penny, which will either display a random fortune or special seed on-screen, or cause the Machine to spawn one of its possible drops. Fortune Telling Machines appear naturally in Arcades, Secret Rooms, Super Secret Rooms, and other room layouts, and can be summoned using the X - Wheel of Fortune tarot card. The Fortune Telling Machine also has a chance to self-destruct after inserting a penny, in which case it drops several random pickups or Crystal Ball. Like the Slot Machine, Fortune Telling Machines will also drop a random collectible item when destroyed in the Dark Room or Chest.
When Isaac inserts a penny into the Machine, there is a
- 65% chance to display a fortune or seed
- 35% chance of a reward; if it is a reward, there is a
- The Lucky Foot item increases the pay out chance from 35% to 54%.
- Unlike the Slot Machine, the pay outs of the Fortune Telling Machine are unaffected by playing on Hard Mode.
- When Fortune Telling Machines are blown up, they have the same drop table as Slot Machines (see above).
Blood Donation Machine
Bumping into the Blood Donation Machine will damage Isaac. The machine will then pay out with 1-3 of any type of coin (only 1 in Hard Mode) or, rarely, Child's Heart. Every donation has a chance of causing the Blood Donation Machine to explode, giving either a Blood Bag or an IV Bag. Alternatively, it can be destroyed with a bomb, which will cause it to drop several pickups.
- On the floors before Womb, the machine will take a half-heart of health from each use. From The Womb and onward, the Blood Donation Machine will take one full heart instead.
- It is possible to be killed by the Blood Donation Machine.
- Once a Blood Donation Machine has given IV Bag, future Blood Donation Machines will never pay out with it again for the rest of the run.
- The Machine will accept Eternal Hearts first, then red hearts. When Isaac's health is at half a heart (or a full heart in Womb and beyond), the machine will drain Soul Hearts and Black Hearts instead.
- Blood Donation Machines will drain Isaac's last half red heart before draining Soul Hearts.
- Blood Donation Machines will ignore Eternal Hearts while Isaac has any other hearts.
- While the Machine takes red hearts before Soul Hearts or Black Hearts, Using a Blood Donation Machine will trigger Scapular once Isaac is at half a heart. Leaving the room afterward and then reentering resets Scapular, allowing for further donations using Soul Hearts. Repeating this process after every Scapular activation allows Isaac to collect coins from the Blood Donation Machine until it breaks.
- Scapular no longer reactivates when using any health donation mechanic while changing rooms.
- The Machine synergizes well with Bloody Penny, allowing many more plays than normal.
- With Isaac's Heart, the Machine can be used without taking any damage.
- Holy Mantle does not prevent damage from a Blood Donation Machine.
- Blood Donation Machines may fail to pay out when used as Keeper or Tainted Keeper, preventing abuse.
- When inside the Mirrored World in Downpour II or Dross II, Isaac will die if he uses the machine, even if his Holy Mantle is active.
- If Isaac has Red and Rotten Hearts, the Machine will take Red Hearts before taking Rotten Hearts.
- It's possible to get 2 Blood Bags in a run by letting 2 Blood Donation Machines pay out.
The Restock Machine is an object added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth appearing commonly in Shops in Greed Mode, and rarely in Arcades, Black Markets, Crawl Spaces, I AM ERROR rooms, Secret Rooms, and Treasure Rooms outside of Greed Mode. Restock Machines also have a chance to spawn in Shops outside of Greed Mode, replacing the Donation Machine.
The chance for the Shop to be restocked increases as more coins are inserted.
In all other rooms, the Restock Machine will reroll any items present after donating enough pennies or blowing it up. It will not generate new items to replace the taken ones. It will reroll all items in the room even if they were not originally present (e.g. items from beggars).
Restock Machines can break after the fourth guaranteed reroll with a 50% chance for every subsequent reroll that should've been successful. This will cause them to drop a small number of coins.
Bombing a Restock Machine breaks it immediately. When a Restock Machine explodes, either through bombing or extended use, it rapidly rerolls all items a few times. With timing, any item seen briefly during the rapid reroll process can be picked up, similar to acquiring items from Glitched Crown. Saving and quitting in the middle of the reroll process will cause the items to stop rerolling upon re-entering the game.
Restocking the shop in the Mirrored world will make items appear in the mirrored shop. The normal shop will not be rerolled, and subsequent rerolls will not match those of the mirrored shop.
Mom's Dressing Table
Mom's Dressing Table is an object added in Booster Pack #2 of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †. If Isaac has more than 8 items, it has a 50% chance of appearing in the starting room of a floor. Mom's Dressing Tables have a high chance to spawn in Clean Bedrooms and Dirty Bedrooms.
If Isaac bumps into Mom's Dressing Table, his appearance will be randomly changed such that only a few of his items are displayed.
Hitting Mom's Dressing Table with an explosive will cause it to break and drop 1-4 pills. There is a 1% chance to spawn one of the following items instead: Mom's Underwear, Mom's Heels, Mom's Lipstick, Mom's Bra, Mom's Pad, Mom's Eyeshadow, Mom's Contacts, Mom's Wig, Mom's Perfume or Mom's Pearls. Items that have already been generated and/or collected can be spawned again in this manner.
Mom's Dressing Table is based on this Steam Workshop mod by Sinsthar.
Crane Game 
The Crane Game is an object added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. After unlocking it, the Crane Game can appear in Arcades and rarely in normal rooms. It can also appear in the Greed Mode Shop, replacing the Restock Machine. The Machine contains one visible item; after the Machine pays out, another one will be displayed. A grapple is above the items. The Machine pays out prizes from the Crane Game item pool.
Bumping into the Machine consumes 5 cents and activates the grapple, which will attempt to grab the item in the center. If it succeeds, the item will be taken out of the Machine and appear on a pedestal.
There is a 25% chance for the Machine to pay out, so the probability of the machine paying out after at most tries is . The Machine explodes after giving 3 prizes.
Items can be obtained repeatedly from the Crane Game if they have not been touched.
Once all items in the Crane Game item pool have been picked up, the Crane Game will only dispense Buddy in a Box.
Leaving the room while the animation is still playing after winning will cause the reward to not spawn.
The Confessional is an object added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. It damages Isaac with the same rules as the Blood Donation Machine in exchange for various rewards. It can be found in Super Secret Rooms or Angel Rooms, but can rarely be found in normal rooms.
The following are the rewards and are evaluated in the order they are listed.
- 5% chance to explode.
- 3.3% chance to explode giving an Angel Room item.
- Removes a Broken Heart, if Isaac has one.
- 50% chance to receive a Soul Heart. Reduced to 10% if Isaac has Daemon's Tail.
- 10% chance to receive an Eternal Heart. Reduced to 2% if Isaac has Daemon's Tail.
- "You Feel Blessed!": Removes an active curse. For the current floor, increases Angel Room chance by 10% and allows Isaac to find an Angel Room even if he already made a Deal with the Devil. This effect stacks additively, going up to a 100% Angel Room chance at 10 activations.
Alternatively, it can be destroyed with a bomb, which will cause it to drop pickups as well as a chance to drop trinkets. Despite its appearance, destroying a Confessional does not affect Angel Room or Devil Room chance.
See Donation Machine.
Greed Donation Machine
- Several messages from the Fortune Telling Machine are references to famous quotes, usually from video games:
- The message "Your princess is in another castle" is a reference to a famous quote from the 1985 NES game Super Mario Bros.
- The messages "It is dangerous to go alone" and "Go to the next room" are references to quotes from the 1986 NES game The Legend of Zelda; the former is usually followed up with "Take this".
- The message "You will die" is likely a reference to a famous quote from the Philips CDi game Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon.
- The message "I Feel Asleep!!!" is a reference to a famous quote from the 1988 NES game Metal Gear.
- The message "Look to La Luna" is a reference to a hint on how to unlock the hidden character Reptile on the 1992 game Mortal Kombat.
- The message "Come to a fork in the road - Take It" is a reference to a famous quote from baseball hall-of-famer Yogi Berra.
- The message "Steven Lives" is a reference to Time Fcuk, a previous game of Edmund McMillen's which is heavily referenced in Isaac.
- Despite the superstitious tradition that breaking a mirror gives seven years of bad luck, destroying Mom's Dressing Table does not affect the Luck stat.
|Bug!||Switch In the Booster Pack 5 update, the Fortune Telling Machine's fortunes are broken and display as a garbled mess.|
|Bug!||Mom's Dressing Table has no effect on Tainted Forgotten.|
|Tainted Samson Unlocks|
|Tainted Bethany Unlocks|
|Mega Satan Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music