World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Isaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears 5 to 8 tears, depending on tear size, in all directions.
- Hitting an enemy will not cause them to burst.
- Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage and the damage of the burst tears.
- If one tear is fed 5 other tears, it will immediately burst.
- The tears will have their damage added together, with the first consumed tear giving additional damage.
- Tears in the burst will deal half the damage the main tear would have.
- This also applies to Familiar tears.
- Tear bursting can also happen from sheer shot size. With sufficiently high damage or several tear-size increasing items, the tears will burst almost immediately after firing.
- Certain items that cause tears to split and feed each other, when combined, can cause the resulting tear to become so large that the game will crash. Use caution when using Lachryphagy with splitting tears.
- 20/20 / The Inner Eye / Mutant Spider: Tears tend to clump together soon after firing for high damage shots. It may take more than 5 tears in total to cause a burst.
- Akeldama: Akeldama tears can feed and be fed by the Lachryphagy tears. Fed Akeldama tears will gain increased damage but will not burst, and will cap at 5 tears fed each.
- Book of Virtues / Jar of Wisps: Wisps' tears can feed the Lachryphagy tears.
- Compound Fracture: Bone tears split into a random spread of fractured tears and bone tears.
- Cricket's Body / The Parasite: Fed tears split into 12 tears.
- Dead Eye Firing into the floating tear won't reset the multiplier as long as that tear doesn't hit a wall. The burst tears will never reset the multiplier.
- Euthanasia: Needle shots will allow the tears to burst at least twice.
- Eye of Belial: Tear burst retains Eye of Belial's effect, greatly increasing the effectiveness of the tear burst due to the piercing, spectral, and increased tear damage. By proxy, piercing, spectral, and continuum tears all improve the value of Lachyphagy.
- Evil Eye: can compound tears with Lachryphagy.
- Haemolacria: Tears look like Haemolacria. They can be fed and will burst into 8 tears that have Haemolacria's burst effect upon hitting obstacles or enemies.
- Ipecac: Lachryphagy tears will burst into ipecac shots and explode. The Ipecac tear burst will travel like a normal tear instead of an arc.
- A Lump of Coal: Tears continually grow in size without being fed other tears, but they will still only deal bonus damage based strictly on how far they travel. Burst tears will still grow in size and damage as they travel.
- Monstro's Lung / Lead Pencil: The tears clump together soon after firing, causing potentially up to 20x tear damage on a direct hit on an enemy.
- My Reflection: causes tears to float back towards Isaac and clump together with any tears they come along.
- Pulse Worm: The fluctuating hitboxes of the tears causes them to clump together at a faster rate.
- Revelation: The revelation beam will have reduced range, but spawns a stream of red Lachryphagy tears.
- Sinus Infection: Boogers will always burst into more boogers, though some of the boogers may incorrectly appear to be normal tears. When a booger sticks to an enemy, it will burst into 8 boogers which have a high chance of sticking again to the same enemy.
- Technology 2: Significantly shortens the range of the laser. A Lachryphagy tear spawns at the end of the laser every tick, rapidly feeding off of each other and bursting when standing still.
- Tractor Beam: All split tears will travel along the beam.
- Brimstone: Lachryphagy does not affect regular Brimstone beams, but tears from other sources such as Isaac's Tears or Fate's Reward will burst into 8 Brimstone beams. Lachryphagy affects Chocolate Milk + Brimstone.
- Brimstone's range is lowered, but Lachryphagy tears will form at the end of the beam, which can be fed.
- Chaos Card: Counts as a tear and will be wasted if thrown into another tear.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Flat Stone: Overridden by Lachryphagy.
- The Ludovico Technique: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Mom's Knife: No effect.
- Pop!: Tears behave erratically, with freshly fired tears usually behaving like Lachryphagy and burst tears like Pop!.
- Tech X: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Technology: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Technology's range is lowered, but piercing Lachryphagy tears will form at the end of the beam.
- Trisagion: Tears will split but cannot be grown by feeding tears.
- Trisagion tears will fade faster, but will constantly spit out more Lachryphagy tears while they are active.
- Lachryphagy is based on this Steam Workshop item by KittyK47, originally known as Hungry Tears.
- The name of this item is a reference to the behavior of insects, drinking tears of other creatures.
Lachryphagy's appearance in the original Steam Workshop mod.
PC K8PC YCK0 (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|Bug!||In the battle with The Beast and the Ultra Harbingers, outputting high amounts of Lachryphagy tears can cause the damage from all the tears offscreen to be instantly applied to each entity the moment they arrive to fight Isaac.|
|Bug!||Rubber Cement causes all tears on screen to have their damage applied to any enemy that gets hit by a tear.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music