Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's tears decelerate as they travel. Upon stopping or hitting an obstacle, they burst into 8 tears in all directions.
- Hitting an enemy will not cause them to burst.
- Tears can be fired into other tears to feed them, increasing their damage and the damage of the burst tears.
- If one tear is fed 5 other tears, it will immediately burst.
- The tears will have their damage added together, with the first consumed tear giving additional damage.
- Tears in the burst will deal half the damage the main tear would have.
- Tear bursting can also happen from sheer shot size. With sufficiently high damage or several tear-size increasing items, the tears will burst almost immediately after firing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Certain items that cause tears to split and feed each other, when combined, can cause the resulting tear to become so large that the game will crash. Use caution when using Lachryphagy with splitting tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20 / The Inner Eye / Mutant Spider: Tears tend to clump together soon after firing for high damage shots. It may take more than 5 tears in total to cause a burst.
- Compound Fracture: Bone tears split into a random spread of fractured tears and bone tears.
- Cricket's Body / The Parasite: Fed tears split into 12 tears.
- Euthanasia: Needle shots will allow the tears to burst at least twice.
- Haemolacria: Tears look like Hameolacria. They can be fed and will burst into 8 tears that have Haemolacria's burst effect upon hitting obstacles or enemies.
- A Lump of Coal: Tears continually grow in size without being fed other tears, but they will still only deal bonus damage based strictly on how far they travel. Burst tears will still grow in size and damage as they travel.
- Monstro's Lung / Lead Pencil: The tears clump together soon after firing, causing potentially up to 20x tear damage on a direct hit on an enemy.
- Pulse Worm: The fluctuating hitboxes of the tears causes them to clump together at a faster rate.
- Sinus Infection: Boogers will always burst into more boogers, though some of the boogers may incorrectly appear to be normal tears. When a booger sticks to an enemy, it will burst into 8 boogers which have a high chance of sticking again to the same enemy.
- Tractor Beam: All split tears will travel along the beam.
- Split tears are no longer confimed to the beam.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Lachryphagy does not affect regular Brimstone beams, but tears from other sources such as Isaac's Tears or Fate's Reward will burst into 8 Brimstone beams. Lachryphagy affects Chocolate Milk + Brimstone.
- Brimstone's range is lowered, but Lachryphagy tears will form at the end of the beam, which can be fed.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Flat Stone: Overridden by Lachryphagy.
- The Ludovico Technique: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Pop!: Tears behave erratically, with freshly fired tears usually behaving like Lachryphagy and burst tears like Pop!.
- Tech X: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Technology: Overrides Lachryphagy.
- Trisagion: Tears will split but cannot be grown by feeding tears.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lachryphagy has been added in Booster Pack #4, after the initial release of the DLC.
- Lachryphagy is based on this Steam Workshop item by KittyK47, originally known as Hungry Tears.
- The name of this item is a reference to the behavior of insects, drinking tears of other creatures.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Lachryphagy's appearance in the original Steam Workshop mod.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|