|This article is incomplete. Please help to improve it, or discuss the issue on the talk page.|
The Knight is a special type of enemy that can only be damaged from the brain in the back of their heads. However, explosions or shots that pierce enemies, such as Brimstone or Cupid's Arrow, will allow damage to be applied from any direction. The Knight normally walks around in random directions, but once the player is directly in front of it, it will dash towards the player at a slightly faster speed until it hits a wall.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Selfless Knight[edit | edit source]
The Selfless Knight has a similar appearance to an ordinary knight but has an Isaac face on its back instead of a brain. This version is much faster than the normal version, especially while charging.
Floating Knight[edit | edit source]
The Floating Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but can fly over all obstacles. It also moves slightly slower.
Bone Knight[edit | edit source]
The Bone Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but leaves behind a short-lasting trail of damaging Red Creep, making it much harder to attack its vulnerable side. Its charge is faster than an ordinary Knight, but not as fast as the Selfless Knight.
Loose Knight[edit | edit source]
The Loose Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but when killed breaks into a Brainless Knight and Pon.
Brainless Knight[edit | edit source]
The Brainless Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but will not die unless its corresponding Pon is also killed.
Black Knight[edit | edit source]
The Black Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight, but has higher health and unleashes waves of fire in all cardinal directions upon bumping into an obstacle.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Knight is a monster in two segments: an invisible, invincible "shield" segment that leads the way and the visible "body" that follows close behind. The shield takes no damage and partially covers the body, stopping shots that would damage it; but piercing tears and explosions hit both the shield and the body, defeating this defense.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, the Knight and its variants were briefly invulnerable when they spawned, or when you entered the room they are in. They would become vulnerable when they started moving.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Knights were completely vulnerable when they spawned; the shield segment did not cover the Knight's front until it started moving, so you could shoot it in the face for damage as soon as it appeared.
- Flush! does not work on Knights.
- Items that provide a fear effect (like Dark Matter) work remarkably well because they run away from the player, exposing their weak side.
- The name of the monster is a reference to the Darknut (also known as Tartnuc) knights from The Legend of Zelda who, similar to Knights, cannot be harmed from their front.
- Floating Knights cannot fly over key blocks.
- Knights are briefly invincible during their spawn period.
- If Isaac charms a Knight and it is the only enemy in the room, the Knight will chase Isaac but will not charge, making the Knight more difficult to damage until the effect is gone.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||The hitbox of Dark Red Champion Knights (and their variants) do not change when they crumble into goo, and they must be shot from the back to damage them.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|