The Knight is a special type of enemy that can only be damaged from the brain in the back of their heads. However, explosions or attacks that pierce enemies, such as Brimstone, Cupid's Arrow or melee attacks i.e Spirit Sword, Mom's Knife, Spear of Destiny and The Forgotten, will allow damage to be applied from any direction. The Knight normally walks around in random directions, but once the player is directly in front of it, it will dash towards the player at a slightly faster speed until it hits a wall.
The Selfless Knight has a similar appearance to an ordinary knight but has an Isaac face on its back instead of a brain. This version is much faster than the normal version, especially while charging.
The Floating Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but can fly over all obstacles. It also moves slightly slower.
The Bone Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight but leaves behind a short-lasting trail of damaging Red Creep. Its charge is faster than an ordinary Knight, but not as fast as the Selfless Knight.
The Loose Knight is similar to the ordinary Knight, but moves slower and separates into a Brainless Knight and Pon when its health is depleted.
The Brainless Knight is a variant of Knight created when a Loose Knight takes enough damage. It alternates between running around the room along the cardinal directions and aimlessly walking in circles, charging at Isaac when he gets in line of sight. It dies when its corresponding Pon dies.
The Black Knight is a variant of Knight that has slightly higher health and will slowly move towards Isaac's position at varying speeds. After lining up with Isaac it accelerates forward, sending waves of fire in the cardinal directions and becoming stunned momentarily after colliding with a wall or obstacle. A Black Knight's mask will also reflect any of Isaac's tears that come in contact with it. It is almost entirely immune to knockback and other forces that would displace it (such as Black Hole).
- The Knight is a monster in two segments: an invisible, invincible "shield" segment that leads the way and the visible "body" that follows close behind. The shield takes no damage and partially covers the body, stopping shots that would damage it.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, the Knight and its variants were briefly invulnerable when they spawned, or when you entered the room they are in. They would become vulnerable when they started moving.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Knights were completely vulnerable when they spawned; the shield segment did not cover the Knight's front until it started moving, so you could shoot it in the face for damage as soon as it appeared.
- Flush! does not work on Knights.
- Items that provide a fear effect (like Dark Matter) work remarkably well because they run away from the player, exposing their weak side.
- The name of the monster is a reference to the Darknut (also known as Tartnuc) knights from The Legend of Zelda who, similar to Knights, cannot be harmed from their front.
- Floating Knights cannot fly over key blocks.
- Knights are briefly invincible during their spawn period.
- If Isaac charms a Knight and it is the only enemy in the room, the Knight will chase Isaac but will not charge, making the Knight more difficult to damage until the effect is gone.
- In Antibirth, Brainless Knights were referred to as Empty Knights.
- Black Knights had a slightly different appearance in Antibirth and would spawn in the Mausoleum.
|Bug!||The hitbox of Dark Red Champion Knights (and their variants) do not change when they crumble into goo, and they must be shot from the back to damage them.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|