Knife Piece 2
(page 6, column 20, row 1)
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Combines with Knife Piece 1 to form a knife familiar that launches itself in the direction Isaac shoots, dealing 25 damage to and piercing enemies it hits.
- Launching it at the red door at the end of Mausoleum/ Gehenna II will open the door, destroying the knife in the process.
How to Acquire[edit | edit source]
- In Mines/ Ashpit II, there is a tall room with a broken minecart track. Scattered across the floor are three yellow buttons that will repair pieces of the track. Once all buttons have been pressed, the minecart becomes rideable, which will take Isaac to an abandoned area, with Knife Piece 2 at the end. Picking up the Knife Piece will trigger a chase sequence in which Mother's Shadow will pursue Isaac through the corridor. Getting to the end of the area will seal it off.
- While in the abandoned area, all of Isaac's items and consumables are removed except for Knife Piece 1. Extra Life items such as Dead Cat will not activate if you die despite showing your life count next to your Health. However, any items with reroll protection, such as The Polaroid and Dogma, will still function as normal. Technically, the knife pieces themselves only work in this area because they also have reroll protection.
- This room, as well as the buttons to reach it, will only be generated if you already have Knife Piece 1.
- The buttons can be bypassed if the player has flight and 2 bombs to destroy the door.
- Unlocking the flesh door (to get to the Mausoleum version of Mom's Heart) consumes the knife familiar.
- Should the player use a Forget Me Now on this floor, it's possible (though useless) to acquire another Knife Piece 2.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|