Knife Piece 1
(page 6, column 19, row 1)
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns a knife handle familiar that follows Isaac.
- Generates a room in Mines / Ashpit II for Knife Piece 2 to spawn in.
- Collecting both Knife Pieces, grants a knife familiar that launches forward when Isaac shoots, piercing enemies and dealing heavy damage. It can be used to open the red door leading to Mausoleum Mom's Heart, upon which it will be consumed.
- BFFS!: The completed Knife will gain increased size from this item.
How to Acquire[edit | edit source]
- A white fire place will be present in Downpour / Dross II. Touching the white fire place temporarily transforms Isaac into The Lost. Another room on the floor has a mirror, which Isaac can enter while a ghost. Walking through the mirror will teleport Isaac to the Mirrored world. The Knife Piece is in the mirror world's Treasure Room. After acquiring it, Isaac can return to the normal floor by walking through the mirror again.
- The mirror floor is technically a separate area to the normal floor with an identical layout, meaning all rooms will not be cleared, and that destroying obstacles in one area has no effect on the other.
- No other items or pickups naturally spawn in the mirror floor, although they can still be generated or awarded for clearing a room.
- If the character is already The Lost, the mirror can be entered without interacting with the white campfire.
- Should the player use a Forget Me Now on this floor, it's possible (though useless) to acquire two separate Knife Piece 1s.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Isaac will remain as The Lost until after he has cleared a room of enemies; it does not matter whether this room is in the mirror world. His normal form will be restored upon entering any room outside the mirror world. This effect can extend to the next floor.