Kamikaze! is an activated item.
- Upon use, creates an explosion in the same place as Isaac, damaging him for half a heart of health and dealing damage to all enemies caught in the blast.
- Unlike IV Bag, Isaac will not take damage from using Kamikaze while he has any form of invincibility active, such as after being hit.
- However, it has a cooldown that lasts as long as the invincibility gained from its own damage, preventing Isaac from using it a second time for the cost of one hit.
- Benefits from many bomb-enhancing items such as Bob's Curse, with exceptions listed below.
- Blind Rage: With longer invincibility, Isaac can use Kamikaze! a second time without taking damage.
- Dark Arts: Kamikaze can be used for free while Dark Arts is active.
- Gnawed Leaf: Activating Kamikaze will cancel out of the statue state, but Isaac will not be damaged by the resulting explosion, unlike with other self-damage activated items.
- Holy Mantle: The mantle will absorb the damage from the explosion if it is the first damage in the room. It can be used repeatedly by re-entering the same room after each use.
- Host Hat / Pyromaniac: Allows unlimited uses without consequences.
- Mars: Isaac is invincible during the dash, allowing for unlimited uses with careful timing.
- Panic Button: Isaac will use Kamikaze before taking damage, similarly to Swallowed M80, with the exception that, if Kamikaze triggers on red health, it will not affect devil/angel deal chances, effectively preserving it.
- Schoolbag: The cooldown before the player can use Kamikaze! again is eliminated when switching items. Depending on how fast the player can push the buttons, Kamikaze! can be used multiple times during Isaac's invincibility frames.
- Tainted Forgotten: Explodes on Tainted Forgotten’s body, meaning that it is safe to use infinitely so long as Tainted Soul is not within the blast radius.
- Bob's Bladder / Car Battery / Mr. Mega / Rocket in a Jar / Scatter Bombs / Sticky Bombs: No effect.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps in the middle ring, looking like small sticks of dynamite. The wisps fire explosive projectiles and explode when destroyed, dealing 30 damage to enemies that are close to it. This explosion is small enough to not hit Isaac, although it will hurt him should he get caught in it. All explosions the wisps make are unaffected by BFFS! and bomb synergies.
- Jacob and Esau: Only the brother using it will take damage, regardless how close the other is to the blast.
- Strawman: Keeper will take damage if he's caught within the blast radius.
- The term kamikaze comes from the Japanese language (神風, divine wind), and refers to Japanese pilots that would blow up their aircraft and themselves to damage enemy targets during World War II.
- This item is used in Blue Bomber (challenge #23).
PC DPW7 JR9S (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PC T98Y R01A (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
Vita RVZ2 6L4G (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|