When a character dies after picking up the item Judas' Shadow, they will respawn as Dark Judas. Dark Judas spawns with two black hearts, a damage multiplier of 2.00 (instead of Judas' 1.35 multiplier), and a base speed of 1.1. Dark Judas has the highest base damage multiplier of all the playable characters.
Similar to Azazel, Dark Judas can still gain heart containers despite starting with none.
- Similar to ???, Dark Judas is unable to obtain heart containers. Any health-up items he collects will grant black hearts instead.
Dark Judas is considered by the game to be a separate character from Judas, but all of the Judas Completion Marks on Judas' post-it note can be completed with Dark Judas and unlockable items and/or achievements can be earned by completing objectives with Dark Judas.
- Judas has a great damage sustain during the run due to the The Book of Belial; try to keep the item until you have enough damage to grab another active item.
- It is beneficial to accept health upgrades during the run, as Judas can be challenging without enough health. Grabbing items such as Bucket of Lard early in the game could be crucial for a good run.
- Dead Cat can prove very useful if found early enough since Judas starts with only one heart container. As well as granting 9 additional lives, it is also one of the Guppy items.
- Scapular, Monkey Paw, Glyph of Balance, and other "low health activation" items are helpful for early floors, due to his low health.
- Birthright: The Book of Belial becomes a passive item that can be held beneath other active items, similar to Book of Virtues. May stack with Book of Virtues. If Judas is not currently holding The Book of Belial, he receives it. The damage boost received from The Book of Belial scales with the amount of charges the active item above it has; may not work with one-time-use items, items with unlimited use, timed recharges or items that do not follow normal room charge rules ( Isaac's Tears, etc). Has special interactions with certain items - see The Book of Belial for more information.
- Blood of the Martyr: Synergizes with Book of Belial for an extra 1.5x damage multiplier.
- Whore of Babylon: Due to his low health, Judas can easily take advantage of Whore of Babylon's effect.
- Judas is a reference to Judas Iscariot, the Twelfth Disciple of Jesus Christ. Judas betrayed Jesus to the Romans in exchange for thirty pieces of silver, represented by the three coins Judas starts the game with. Moreover, the coins are also believed to represent the three Abrahamic faiths, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
- Contrary to popular belief, Judas's fez is not a reference to the game Fez, created by Phil Fish. Edmund McMillen has stated that the initial statement was a joke and that he used the fez due to it being easily recognizable.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Judas was unlocked by beating Womb for the first time. The character unlock was replaced with unlocking Eden in The Binding Of Isaac Rebirth.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|