- Tears fire 1-2 sparks of electricity in random directions upon hitting an obstacle or enemy.
- Tears fire 1 short-ranged spark of electricity in a random direction upon hitting an obstacle or enemy. When an arc strikes an enemy, it will strike another nearby enemy, chaining up to four times.
- Sparks deal half of the tear's damage (Isaac's current damage stat).
- Sparks behave like spectral homing lasers and will arc to hit enemies that are close enough, even striking multiple ones in a row.
- Tears that hit the floor due to running out of range do not generate arcs.
- If the floor is wet, such as Downpour, Dross, Flooded Caves, some rooms in Scarred Womb and after using Flush!, the arcing distance is increased.
- All status causing tear effects: The status effects will be applied over the electric arcs as well. The poison caused by Serpent's Kiss will not drop black hearts.
- Angelic Prism: All of the split tears will be electrified. Also, electric arcs that pass through the prism will be split.
- Brimstone/ Azazel: The beam gains a light blue tint and generates sparks.
- Lost Contact: Tears block enemy shots as normal and will then generate arcs of electricity where the shot was blocked.
- A Lump of Coal: Sparks deal damage based the tear's, increasing with distance. No extra damage is applied by the distance covered by the spark.
- Mom's Knife: The knife will occasionally generate sparks when hitting an enemy.
- Spectral tears: The tears can spawn sparks while passing through obstacles.
- Tech X / Tech.5 / Technology / Technology 2: Lasers gain a light blue tint and generate sparks.
- Azazel / Brimstone: Overrides Jacob's Ladder.
- Backstabber: Electric arcs cannot hit the enemies' backs for the extra damage and bleeding.
- Compound Fracture / The Parasite: Although the scatter effect increases the amount of arcing, the split tears deal lesser damage and as such, less damage on their sparks.
- Dr. Fetus / Epic Fetus: Bombs do not generate sparks.
- Haemolacria: Only main tear can spawn sparks.
- Burst tears can also spawn sparks.
- Ipecac: Electric arcs happen only when they hit a wall.
- The Ludovico Technique: The Ludovico tear spawns a large number of sparks when in contact with an enemy, but not on obstacles.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Jacob's Ladder.
- Proptosis: Sparks will decrease in damage based on how much damage the tear has lost.
- Rubber Cement: Tears will only spawn sparks when hitting enemies.
- Spirit Sword: Both the sword swing and sword shots will create electricity.
- Tech X / Tech.5 / Technology / Technology 2: Overrides Jacob's Ladder.
- Trisagion: Only spawns sparks when hitting obstacles.
- Tears constantly spawns sparks.
- This item refers to high voltage traveling arcs, which are colloquially known as Jacob's ladders. It creates a small electric arc rising between two metal rods, as the item graphic represents.
- The name is a reference to The Book of Genesis from the Old Testament. In Genesis 28:10-19 Jacob rested on his journey and had a dream; in the dream, he saw a ladder that served as the connection between Heaven and Earth.
- This item's new effect closely resembles 120 Volt from Antibirth, which was added to the game with a different effect.
- The Stairway was originally named Jacob's Ladder in Antibirth. It was renamed when being ported to avoid a naming conflict.
PC 9ZXL TW0W (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
|Bug!||When using The Forgotten's melee attack with both Jacob's Ladder and Haemolacria, the sparks caused by splattered tears will hurt the player. This does not apply to other tear scattering items.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|