Isaac's Tears is an unlockable activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Each tear shot by the player increases item charge by one.
- Upon use, fires 8 tears around Isaac, which retain the damage, range, shot speed, and most special tear effects.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect of Tammy's Head is similar to Isaac's Tears, but Isaac's Tears will not benefit from tear-replacing items like Brimstone.
- It takes 1.3 seconds to use, during which time Isaac cannot shoot tears normally.
- Because of this it is only worth it to use Isaac's tears DPS-wise if 4 or more tears successfully land.
- It takes 0.4 seconds to use, during which time Isaac cannot shoot tears normally
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone / Mom's Knife: The item fires normal tears, although it will charge nearly instantly while the attack charges.
- Brimstone: Rapidly charges Isaac's Tears, while firing, instead of charging.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Chocolate Milk: The size and damage of tears fired depend on how far Isaac has charged up his shot. For example, if Isaac has completely charged his shot, the tears fired by the item will be fully charged.
- Chocolate Milk: Charge does not have any effect on the damage of the tear, but will still be colored like Chocolate Milk tears.
- Dr. Fetus: Fires normal tears.
- Epic Fetus: The item fires normal tears, but charges very quickly as the crosshairs are moved.
- The Ludovico Technique: The item charges based on the tear's movement.
- The Ludovico Technique: Item charges rapidly even while tear is not moving.
- Mom's Knife: Charges the item like normal.
- Schoolbag: When Isaac's Tears is in the first active item slot, the secondary item does not charge upon clearing rooms.
- Technology: Fires normal tears.
- Technology 2: Fires normal tears.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC ZGDT MHSD (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 6D1S 92YW
Vita KFZ0 7KL3 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch L79D L9S8 (Starting item as Eden)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||If the player has Brimstone and Chocolate Milk, the player can charge past the fully charged point, allowing the player to gain giant tears and will one-shot each boss depending on how long the player has charged.|
|Bug!||When Isaac's Tears is in the first active item slot of Schoolbag, the secondary item does not charge upon clearing rooms.|
|Isaac (Boss) Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|