The I AM ERROR room is a rare room that isn't connected to any other room on the floor. I AM ERROR rooms contain several items and a trapdoor to the next level, which is the only exit from the room unless the character can teleport again.
Arriving at the I AM ERROR room
|Bug!||Attempting to enter a Black Market in a crawl space results in ending up in I AM ERROR room instead, even if the room is not normally available in the given level. There is no need to add exceptions to the list below that are results of this bug.|
- The only items that can bring you to the I AM ERROR room are Undefined, Telepills, Teleport 2.0, Red Key, and Blank Card with ? Card
- The Undefined item has a fixed list of destinations (I AM ERROR room being one of the few possibilities), being a quite reliable way to reach the I AM ERROR room.
- Telepills have a very small chance of teleporting you to the I AM ERROR room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Teleport 2.0 when all rooms on the floor have been explored, including secret rooms and the Devil / Angel room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Blank Card with ? Card. This consumes both the Blank Card and the ? Card.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached anymore in Chest, Dark Room, and the final floor of the daily challenge.
- It is possible to enter the I AM ERROR room in The Void when not on a daily challenge, despite it being a final level, and restart the floor by entering the trap door.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached in Corpse II unless using Red Key.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached in the floor of Dad's Note (the special version of Mausoleum/ Gehenna II).
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached in Home.
- During the Ascent, the I AM ERROR room will contain a beam of light instead.
- The I AM ERROR room will NOT have a way to leave it if accessed in the final level of the alternate path.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by leaving a Crawl Space through an unintended direction.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Red Key to get out of the 13x13 boundaries of the map.
- However, while in the floors Isaac cannot reach the I AM ERROR room, red doors also cannot be created on the boundary walls.
The following room maps were made using Basement Renovator for cleaner viewing.
I AM ERROR rooms always contain a trapdoor to the next level and a unique shopkeeper who can be blown up. Note that all items generated in I AM ERROR rooms will pull from random item pools and the trapdoor will always be open, even if there are enemies in the room.
|1||1.0||An item and nine random pills.|
|2||1.0||An item and 16 random coins.|
|3||1.0||An item, four random cards/runes, and ten urns.|
|4||1.0||An item and four Chests.|
|5||1.0||An item, two pickups/items for sale, and seven random coins.|
|6||1.0||An item, four pickups/items for sale, and two golden poops.|
|7||1.0||An item and an eternal, red, soul, and black heart.|
|8||1.0||An item, two random keys, and 6 Locked Chests.|
|9||1.0||An eternal, red, soul, and black heart, a double key, a double bomb, a regular, locked, and Red Chest, a Lil' Battery, two random pills, and a random card.|
|10||1.0||An item and four trinkets.|
|11||1.0||Four soul hearts.|
|12||1.0||An item, eight shopkeepers, and 12 Black Flies.|
|13||1.0||Four shopkeepers, six keys, and two Key Masters.|
|14||1.0||48 poops and 2 golden poops.|
|15||1.0||An item, four extra error shopkeepers, and two Rag Men.|
|16||1.0||11 Reward Plates.|
|17||1.0||A Corny Poop, 14 Attack Flies, and 18 random pickups/items.|
|18||1.0||Two items, eight shopkeepers, and Super Greed.|
|19||1.0||Two items and a Restock Machine.|
|20||0.1||Eight soul hearts and 12 Blue Gapers.|
|21||1.0||12 Fireplaces and 7 Spiked Chests. It is possible to enter the room on a spiked chest and immediately take damage.|
|22||1.0||An item, six keys, two Eternal Chests, eight Blue Fireplaces, and two Angel Statues. The angels will not drop key pieces if defeated.|
|23||1.0||An item, two Lucky Pennies, two black hearts, a gold heart, two Black Runes, four spikes, six Red Fireplaces, and two Devil statues.|
|24||1.0||Five Grab Bags, two Lil' Batteries, and four random pickups/items.|
|25||1.0||A Donation Machine, poop, two Beggars, two Blood Donation Machines, and two Beds.|
|26||0.1||Two items, two golden poops, four Rainbow Poops, and 23 random pickups/items.|
|27||0.1||Two pickups/items for sale, nine poops, and six flies.|
|28||0.1||An item, two Bulbs, and four black poops.|
|29||0.1||Six Golden Hearts (four of which are behind Spiked Rocks), four extra shopkeepers, and a Golden Troll Bomb.|
|30||0.5||Four keys and two Mega Chests.|
|31||1.0||A Nickel, eight random coins, six poops, a Beggar, and a Rotten Beggar.|
|32||0.5||Two keys and four Old Chests.|
- Once a character arrives at the I AM ERROR room, the only ways out are the trapdoor to the next level or another teleport. As the I AM ERROR room is randomly reached, this could force the player to skip Treasure Room and/or Boss Room items if they hadn't been picked up before, and if the character cannot teleport again.
- Once Corrupted Data is achieved (beating Delirium as Tainted Eden), items that spawn in this room have a chance to be randomized as if affected by TMTRAINER.
- If a Crawl Space is spawned in the I AM ERROR room, Isaac will return to the room he was in before being teleported to the I AM ERROR room upon exiting the Crawl Space.
- Using the trapdoor in the I AM ERROR room can allow a character to reach levels not yet unlocked, like Sheol or Cathedral.
- Using the trapdoor in Chest or the Dark Room will restart the level, similar to the effect of the Forget Me Now, and as of patch 1.05, the floor will generate a different layout upon restarting. The golden gate to Mega Satan will be locked if it was previously opened with Key Piece 1 and Key Piece 2 or Dad's Key. As the Key Pieces are consumed upon entering The Chest or Dark Room, the door can only be opened again for that run by using Dad's Key one more time.
- The chests present in the I AM ERROR room from Chest and Dark Room always contain items.
- Using the Rune of Jera in most of these room configurations can allow Isaac to summon and pick up a large amount of items, making the item especially effective in this room.
- If a Red Chest teleports you to a Devil Room or Angel Room from an I AM ERROR room, exiting the Devil Room will return you to the room you were in before entering the I AM ERROR room.
- Entering the I AM ERROR room from Womb / Utero / Scarred Womb II will randomly result in a trapdoor or a beam of light. The player may have to end their run early in the Cathedral / Sheol.
- It is probably not a good idea to go to the I AM ERROR room on Depths / Necropolis / Dank Depths II, because the player will be unable to pick up The Polaroid / The Negative, and can not go to either Chest or Dark Room, having to end their run in Sheol or Cathedral.
- Reaching another I AM ERROR room in the above-mentioned levels would allow continuing the run beyond them, even lacking the prerequisite items.
- Note that on the 12th Rewards and onwards in the Sacrifice Room have a 50% chance to send you to Dark Room. This may be useful if an I AM ERROR room locked you out of the The Negative.
- This rule also applies to players trying to reach Downpour / Dross II from Basement / Cellar / Burning Basement II. The I AM ERROR room will instead send players to Caves / Catacombs / Flooded Caves I, and players will not be able to pick up Knife Piece 1.
- This rule also applies to players trying to reach Mines / Ashpit II from Caves / Catacombs / Flooded Caves II. The I AM ERROR room will instead send players to Depths / Necropolis / Dank Depths I, and players will not be able to pick up Knife Piece 2.
- This rule also applies to players trying to reach Mausoleum / Gehenna I, or Corpse I.
- This rule also applies to players trying to reach Home. The I AM ERROR room of Depths / Necropolis / Dank Depths II will instead send players to Womb / Utero / Scarred Womb I, and players will not be able to enter the Strange Door.
- There is a rare closet room in Depths and Necropolis containing an I AM ERROR shopkeeper. This is not an I AM ERROR room, and can be exited normally.
- There is a Super Secret Room that looks like an I AM ERROR room. This is not an I AM ERROR room, and can be exited normally.
- The I AM ERROR room is a reference to an infamous quote in the NES game Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, where a citizen from Ruto introduces himself with the sentence "I AM ERROR".
- Due to the hard numbers required to access this room, and the name of the room itself, it could be a failsafe.
|Bug!||PC If you go inside a trapdoor while in Corpse, the game will take you to ???.|
|Bug!||If you enter an I AM ERROR room on in the first room of the first floor (possible when playing Eden), and have not entered any rooms yet, using Glowing Hourglass will send you back to an identical starting room, with all of your starting items missing, including the Glowing Hourglass|
Boss Challenge Room
Super Secret Room
I AM ERROR
Ultra Secret Room
Blue Womb Entrance
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|