The I AM ERROR room is a rare room that isn't connected to any other room on the floor. I AM ERROR rooms contain several items and a trapdoor to the next level ( or a beam of light leading upward during the Ascent), which is the only exit from the room unless Isaac can teleport again.
Arriving at the I AM ERROR room
- The only items that can bring Isaac to the I AM ERROR room are Red Key, Telepills, Teleport 2.0, Undefined, and Blank Card activated by using a ? Card.
- Undefined has a fixed list of destinations (I AM ERROR room being one of the few possibilities), being a quite reliable way to reach the I AM ERROR room.
- Telepills have a very small chance of teleporting Isaac to the I AM ERROR room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Teleport 2.0 when all rooms on the floor have been explored, including the Secret Room(s), Super Secret Room(s), and the Devil Room/ Angel Room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Blank Card with ? Card. This consumes both the Blank Card and the ? Card.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached anymore in Chest, Dark Room, and the final floor of the daily challenge.
- It is possible to enter the I AM ERROR room in The Void when not on a daily challenge, despite it being a final level, and restart the floor by entering the trap door.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached in Corpse II unless using Red Key.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached in the floor of Dad's Note (the special version of Mausoleum/ Gehenna II).
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached in Home.
- During the Ascent, the I AM ERROR room will contain a beam of light instead.
- The I AM ERROR room will NOT have a way to leave it if accessed in the final level of the alternate path.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by leaving a Crawl Space through an unintended direction.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Red Key to get out of the 13x13 boundaries of the map.
- However, red doors cannot be created on the boundary walls. The I AM ERROR room can only be entered from a Red Room.
The following room maps were made using Basement Renovator for cleaner viewing.
I AM ERROR rooms always contain a trapdoor to the next level and a unique shopkeeper who can be blown up. Note that all items generated in I AM ERROR rooms will pull from random item pools and the trapdoor will always be open, even if there are enemies in the room.
|1||1.0||An item and nine random pills.|
|2||1.0||An item and 16 random coins.|
|3||1.0||An item, four random cards/runes, and ten urns.|
|4||1.0||An item and four Chests.|
|5||1.0||An item, two pickups/items for sale, and seven random coins.|
|6||1.0||An item, four pickups/items for sale, and two golden poops.|
|7||1.0||An item and an eternal, red, soul, and black heart.|
|8||1.0||An item, two random keys, and 6 Locked Chests.|
|9||1.0||An eternal, red, soul, and black heart, a double key, a double bomb, a regular, locked, and Red Chest, a Lil' Battery, two random pills, and a random card.|
|10||1.0||An item and four trinkets.|
|11||1.0||Four soul hearts.|
|12||1.0||An item, eight shopkeepers, and 12 Black Flies.|
|13||1.0||Four shopkeepers, six keys, and two Key Masters.|
|14||1.0||48 poops and 2 golden poops.|
|15||1.0||An item, four extra error shopkeepers, and two Rag Men.|
|16||1.0||11 Reward Plates.|
|17||1.0||A Corny Poop, 14 Attack Flies, and 18 random pickups/items.|
|18||1.0||Two items, eight shopkeepers, and Super Greed.|
|19||1.0||Two items and a Restock Machine.|
|20||0.1||Eight soul hearts and 12 Blue Gapers.|
|21||1.0||12 Fireplaces and 7 Spiked Chests. It is possible to enter the room on a spiked chest and immediately take damage.|
|22||1.0||An item, six keys, two Eternal Chests, eight Blue Fireplaces, and two Angel Statues. The angels will not drop key pieces if defeated.|
|23||1.0||An item, two Lucky Pennies, two black hearts, a gold heart, two Black Runes, four spikes, six Red Fireplaces, and two Devil statues.|
|24||1.0||Five Grab Bags, two Lil' Batteries, and four random pickups/items.|
|25||1.0||A Donation Machine, poop, two Beggars, two Blood Donation Machines, and two Beds.|
|26||0.1||Two items, two golden poops, four Rainbow Poops, and 23 random pickups/items.|
|27||0.1||Two pickups/items for sale, nine poops, and six flies.|
|28||0.1||An item, two Bulbs, and four black poops.|
|29||0.1||Six Golden Hearts (four of which are behind Spiked Rocks), four extra shopkeepers, and a Golden Troll Bomb.|
|30||0.5||Four keys and two Mega Chests.|
|31||1.0||A Nickel, eight random coins, six poops, a Beggar, and a Rotten Beggar.|
|32||0.5||Two keys and four Old Chests.|
- Once Isaac arrives at the I AM ERROR room, the only ways out are the trapdoor to the next level or another teleport. As the I AM ERROR room is randomly reached, this could force Isaac to skip Treasure Room and/or Boss Room items if they hadn't been picked up before, and if he cannot teleport again.
- Once Corrupted Data is achieved (beating Delirium as Tainted Eden), items that spawn in this room have a chance to be randomized as if affected by TMTRAINER.
- If a Crawl Space is spawned in the I AM ERROR room, Isaac will return to the room he was in before being teleported to the I AM ERROR room upon exiting the Crawl Space.
- Using the trapdoor in the I AM ERROR room can allow Isaac to reach levels not yet unlocked, like Sheol or Cathedral.
- Using the trapdoor in Chest or the Dark Room will restart the level, similar to the effect of the Forget Me Now, and as of patch 1.05, the floor will generate a different layout upon restarting. The door to Mega Satan will be locked if it was previously opened.
- The chests present in the I AM ERROR room from Chest and Dark Room always contain items.
- Using the Rune of Jera in most of these room configurations can allow Isaac to summon and pick up a large amount of items, making the item especially effective in this room.
- If a Red Chest teleports Isaac to a Devil Room or Angel Room from an I AM ERROR room, exiting the room will return him to the room he was in before entering the I AM ERROR room.
- Entering the I AM ERROR room from Womb/ Utero/ Scarred Womb II will randomly result in a trapdoor or a beam of light. Isaac may have to end his run early in the Cathedral/ Sheol.
- It is probably not a good idea to go to the I AM ERROR room on Depths/ Necropolis/ Dank Depths II, because Isaac will be unable to pick up The Polaroid/ The Negative, and can not go to either Chest or Dark Room, having to end his run in Sheol or Cathedral.
- Reaching another I AM ERROR room in the above-mentioned levels would allow continuing the run beyond them, even lacking the prerequisite items.
- Note that the 12th reward and onward in a Sacrifice Room has a 50% chance to send Isaac to Dark Room. This may be useful if an I AM ERROR room locked Isaac out of The Negative.
- This rule also applies to Isaac when trying to reach an alternate floor from a main floor ( Downpour II from Basement II, etc.). The I AM ERROR room will always send him to a regular floor ( Basement II to Caves I, etc.) and Isaac will not be able to pick up the necessary progression items needed to reach Corpse.
- This also applies to reaching Home. The I AM ERROR rooms of Depths II, etc., will instead send Isaac to Womb I, etc., and he will not be able to enter the Strange Door.
- There is a rare Closet room in Depths and Necropolis containing an I AM ERROR shopkeeper. This is not an I AM ERROR room, and can be exited normally.
- There is a Super Secret Room that looks like an I AM ERROR room. This is not an I AM ERROR room, and can be exited normally.
- The I AM ERROR room is a reference to an infamous quote in the NES game Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, where a citizen from Ruto introduces himself with the sentence "I AM ERROR".
- Due to the relative difficulty involved in accessing this room, and the name of the room itself, it could be a failsafe.
|Bug!||If isaac enters an I AM ERROR room on in the first room of the first floor (possible with Eden), and have not entered any rooms yet, using Glowing Hour Glass will send him back to an identical starting room, with all of his starting items missing, including the Glowing Hour Glass|
Boss Challenge Room
Super Secret Room
I AM ERROR
Ultra Secret Room
Blue Womb Entrance
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|