I AM ERROR
The I AM ERROR room is a rare room that isn't connected to any other room on the floor. I AM ERROR rooms contain several items and a trapdoor to the next level, which is the only exit from the room unless the character can teleport again.
Arriving at the I AM ERROR room[edit | edit source]
- The only items that can bring you to the I AM ERROR room are Undefined, Telepills, Teleport 2.0, Red Key, and Blank Card with ? Card
- The Undefined item has a fixed list of destinations (I AM ERROR room being one of the few possibilities), being a quite reliable way to reach the I AM ERROR room.
- Telepills have a very small chance of teleporting you to the I AM ERROR room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Teleport 2.0 when all rooms on the floor have been explored, including secret rooms and the Devil/Angel room.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Blank Card with ? Card. This consumes both the Blank Card and the ? Card.
- The I AM ERROR room cannot be reached anymore in The Chest, Dark Room and the final floor of the daily challenge.
- It is possible to enter the room in The Void when not on a daily challenge, despite it being a final level, and restart the floor by entering the trap door.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by leaving a Crawl Space through an unintended direction.
- The I AM ERROR room can be reached by using Red Key to get out of the 13x13 boundaries of the map.
Room Contents[edit | edit source]
The following room maps were made using Basement Renovator for cleaner viewing.
I AM ERROR rooms always contain a trapdoor to the next level and a unique shopkeeper who can be blown up. Note that all items generated in I AM ERROR rooms will pull from random item pools and the trapdoor will always be open, even if there are enemies in the room.
|1||1.0||An item and nine random pills.|
|2||1.0||An item and 16 random coins.|
|3||1.0||An item, four random cards/runes, and ten urns.|
|4||1.0||An item and four Chests.|
|5||1.0||An item, two pickups/items for sale, and seven random coins.|
|6||1.0||An item, four pickups/items for sale, and two golden poops.|
|7||1.0||An item and an eternal, red, soul, and black heart.|
|8||1.0||An item, two random keys, and 6 Locked Chests.|
|9||1.0||An eternal, red, soul, and black heart, a double key, a double bomb, a regular, locked, and Red Chest, a Lil' Battery, two random pills, and a random card.|
|10||1.0||An item and four trinkets.|
|11||1.0||Four soul hearts.|
|12||1.0||An item, eight shopkeepers, and 12 Black Flies.|
|13||1.0||Four shopkeepers, six keys, and two Key Masters.|
|14||1.0||48 poops and 2 golden poops.|
|15||1.0||An item, four extra error shopkeepers, and two Rag Men.|
|16||1.0||11 Reward Plates.|
|17||1.0||A Corny Poop, 14 Attack Flies, and 18 random pickups/items.|
|18||1.0||Two items, eight shopkeepers, and Super Greed.|
|19||1.0||Two items and a Restock Machine.|
|20||0.1||Eight soul hearts and 12 Blue Gapers.|
|21||1.0||12 Fireplaces and 7 Spiked Chests. It is possible to enter the room on a spiked chest and immediately take damage.|
|22||1.0||An item, six keys, two Eternal Chests, eight Blue Fireplaces, and two Angel Statues. The angels will not drop key pieces if defeated.|
|23||1.0||An item, two Lucky Pennies, two black hearts, a gold heart, two Black Runes, four spikes, six Red Fireplaces, and two Devil statues.|
|24||1.0||Five Grab Bags, two Lil' Batteries, and four random pickups/items.|
|25||1.0||A Donation Machine, poop, two Beggars, two Blood Donation Machines, and two Beds.|
|26||0.1||Two items, two golden poops, four Rainbow Poops, and 23 random pickups/items.|
|27||0.1||Two pickups/items for sale, nine poops, and six flies.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once a character arrives at the I AM ERROR room, the only ways out are the trapdoor to the next level or another teleport. As the I AM ERROR room is randomly reached, this could force the player to skip Treasure Room and/or Boss Room items if they hadn't been picked up before, and if the character cannot teleport again.
- If a Crawl Space is spawned in the I AM ERROR room, Isaac will return to the room it was in before being teleported to the I AM ERROR room upon exiting the Crawl Space.
- Using the trapdoor in the I AM ERROR room can allow a character to reach levels not yet unlocked, like Sheol or Cathedral.
- Using the trapdoor in The Chest or the Dark Room will restart the level, similar to the effect of the Forget Me Now, and as of patch 1.05, the floor will generate a different layout upon restarting. The golden gate to Mega Satan will be locked if it was previously opened with Key Piece 1 and Key Piece 2 or Dad's Key. As the Key Pieces are consumed upon entering The Chest or Dark Room, the door can only be opened again for that run by using Dad's Key one more time.
- The chests present in the I AM ERROR room from The Chest and Dark Room always contain items.
- Using the Rune of Jera in most of these room configurations can allow Isaac to summon and pick up a large amount of items, making the item especially effective in this room.
- If a Red Chest teleports you to a Devil Room or Angel Room from an I AM ERROR room, exiting the Devil Room will return you to the room you were in before entering the I AM ERROR room.
- Entering the I AM ERROR room from The Womb/Utero/Scarred Womb 2 will randomly result in a trapdoor or a beam of light. Unless both The Polaroid and The Negative have been obtained, the player may have to end their run early in the Sheol/Cathedral.
- It is probably not a good idea to go to the I AM ERROR room on The Depths/Necropolis 2, because the player will be unable to pick up The Polaroid/ The Negative, and can not go to The Chest or the Dark Room, having to end their run in Sheol or the Cathedral.
- Reaching another I AM ERROR room in the above-mentioned levels would allow continuing the run beyond them, even lacking the prerequisite items.
- There is a rare closet room in The Depths and Necropolis containing an I AM ERROR shopkeeper. This is not an I AM ERROR room.
- There is a Super Secret Room that looks like an I AM ERROR room. This is not an I AM ERROR room, and can be exited normally.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The I AM ERROR room is a reference to the NES game The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, where a citizen from Ruto introduces himself with the sentence "I AM ERROR".
- Due to the hard numbers required to access this room, and the name of the room itself, it could be a failsafe.
|Bug!||PC If you use go inside a trapdoor while in Corpse, the game will crash upon entering the next floor.|
Boss Challenge Room
Super Secret Room
I AM ERROR
Ultra Secret Room
Blue Womb Entrance
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|