- After Isaac takes damage from an enemy or donates health, he drops a red heart that despawns after 1.5 seconds.
- The heart dropped depends on the source: half-hearts of damage taken drop half-hearts, and full hearts of damage taken drop full hearts.
- The hearts will get launched out of Isaac with momentum, making them difficult to pick up.
- Damage sources that scale up from half a heart of damage to a full heart of damage starting on Womb/ Corpse will still only cause Hypercoagulation to spawn half a heart.
- Red hearts are not spawned when Isaac loses heart containers (such as through health down pills, buying Devil Room items, using Guppy's Paw, etc), with the only exception being Potato Peeler.
- Red hearts will still drop regardless of the type of heart being subtracted from damage, making the item generally useless for characters who cannot utilize red hearts.
- The following damage sources will activate Hypercoagulation:
- The following damage sources will not activate Hypercoagulation:
- Glass Cannon: Spawns two more full red hearts when Glass Cannon breaks, regardless of how much health was lost to it.
- D20/ GB Bug: Rerolled hearts will still disappear.
- Ace Cards/ Diplopia/ D1/ Rune of Jera: Converted/duplicated hearts will not disappear.
- Compost/ Keeper/ Tainted Keeper: The heart will be converted into a Blue Fly/Spider.
- IX - The Hermit?: The heart will not be converted to coins.
- Blood Rights/ Razor Blade: Damage taken to use the item also spawns hearts, reducing the cost of using them.
- The Wafer/ Cancer/Percs! pills: Damage sources that spawn full red hearts will still spawn a full red heart despite the cost being reduced to half a heart.
- Dull Razor: Can be used to spawn full red hearts for Isaac to pick up. Ideally, this should be done in a confined space so Isaac can easily pick up the heart.
- Maggy's Bow: Doubles the healing received from the hearts spawned.
- Candy Heart/ Immaculate Conception: The hearts will count toward gaining stat boosts/familiars.
- Magneto/ Super Magnet: Will immediately start pulling the dropped hearts to Isaac, breaking their momentum and making collection much easier.
- Hypercoagulation (otherwise known as Thrombophilia) is a medical condition that causes blood clots to spontaneously form in a person’s blood vessels and prevents them from dissolving properly.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|