How to Jump is an activated item.
- Upon use, Isaac jumps in the direction he is currently moving. The distance of the jump depends on how fast Isaac was moving and for how long he was holding the button when the item was activated. Jumping allows Isaac to travel over obstacles such as rocks and pits.
- While mid-jump, enemies, projectiles, bombs, and spikes cannot damage Isaac. Isaac cannot interact with pickups or chests mid-jump.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
- How to Jump can be used to easily dodge fast moving projectiles, as jumping in any direction should mean that the projectile is gone before you land.
- If Isaac has flight, Isaac dashes instead of jumping. This is functionally the same as jumping, but without the animation playing. Isaac will have invincibility during the dash, and the dash will only stop on terrain that can be walked on.
- If Isaac has flight and is flying above a pit, the dash distance will be very short.
- The item can be used to jump through the pillars of light spawned by Isaac without taking damage.
- This item can also be used to pass through otherwise impassible Crawl Space walls.
- Isaac can't jump through doors, which means damage from Curse Room doors cannot be avoided.
- If this item is activated by Void, it is possible to get stuck in an impassable area with no ability to escape. Exit Game, then Continue Game to move Isaac back to a passable area of the room.
- How to Jump can be used to jump over pillars.
- Isaac can safely jump over spiked rocks without receiving damage.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps that are stationary, and remain where Isaac was when he jumped. Up to 6 of these wisps can exist at a time. The wisps do not persist between rooms.
- Broken Remote: No more jumping, infinite teleportation.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Panic Button: Makes Isaac immune to contact and projectile damage while moving.
- The cover of the How to Jump book resembles the original packaging artwork of the game Super Mario Bros., and also refers to Mario's original name, "Jumpman," in the game Donkey Kong.
- The description of the item is also a joke referring to the fact that Isaac can't jump, and that Isaac must apparently read a book with Mario in it to learn how.
PC 19ET 6JE9 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 97JM 9H2S (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC N6RG BHK7 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 T7HS M3Y8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita ADNK M30F (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|