|Base HP||Stage HP|
Hornfel is a boss added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance that can be fought in the Mines. He appears with his own specially designed boss room, where the walls are covered in boss doors, with minecart tracks connecting them.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally, when Hornfel enters the room through a door, he is accompanied by 2 Fly Bombs.
- Throws 1-2 Bombs at Isaac. Additionally, each bomb has a small chance of having the Hot Bombs or Sad Bombs effect.
- Throws 3 Brimstone Bombs that resemble mines. Each has a delay and will detonate after a few moments.
- Moves much quicker, speeding through one set of tracks repeatedly while frequently throwing out bombs for the duration. Slows down after multiple cycles, before getting sick and vomiting a fireball that extends in the cardinal directions upon landing.
- Sends out 1-2 decoy dummies that burst into multiple Troll Bombs if killed.
- Other minecarts will occasionally appear, independent of Hornfel, carrying fire, TNT or a variety of other enemies:
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Once Hornfel has taken enough damage, he falls out of his minecart and attempts to escape from the room via one of the doors surrounding the arena. He makes no attempt to attack Isaac but he can still deal contact damage.
- If Hornfel escapes successfully, the fight ends as normal.
- If Hornfel is defeated, drops 3 Bomb pickups and unlocks Brimstone Bombs, if not already unlocked.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone Bombs - Kill Hornfel before he can escape after breaking his minecart.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hornfels is the group name for a set of contact metamorphic rocks. They are known to be very hard and durable.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|