Horfs are disembodied human heads with their eyes gouged out. Horfs remain immobile in one spot, firing blood shots at Isaac when he gets in their range. They will fire shots directly at Isaac when they're about 1/2 room width away from them, even though their shots can travel the entire room's length. This makes it possible to outrange the Horfs in almost all encounters with them; even if you're in range, they have a slow rate of fire and their shots are slow-traveling as well, and can be dodged simply by moving slightly to the side.
- In Hard mode, Horfs have a small chance to be replaced by Sub Horfs. They also gain increased shot speed like all enemies do in hard mode.
Sub Horfs are a variant of Horfs found in Downpour and rarely replace Horfs in other floors. Sub Horfs look like Horfs but tinted blue.
Sub Horfs will only shoot if hit first. If they are shot at, they will rotate and periodically shoot in the direction they are facing while rotating. They will also shoot upon receiving any knockback. They release 1 water shot upon death.
Necroes are a variant of Horfs resembling ghostly Bonies. They will summon bones in a radius around them, sending them at Isaac. They can target Isaac from anywhere in the room.
Tainted Sub Horf
A stronger version of the Sub Horf. Behaves like a Sub Horf, but fires much faster, has bigger projectiles and slowly moves towards Isaac while facing him.
Level 2 Horf
Level 2 Horfs are a variant of Horfs found in Corpse. They look like Horfs in a decaying state.
Level 2 Horfs act quite similarly to regular Horfs, however they spit Small Maggots at Isaac instead of blood shots. Although they appear to float, they cannot get past gaps in the floor and are affected by creep.
- Maws and Psychic Maws appear to be the posthumous versions of Horfs and Psychic Horfs, as their attacks are similar. Plus, Maws appear to be rotting Horfs.
- Even though Horfs look like they are flying, they are considered grounded.
- Sub Horfs appeared in Antibirth.
- Sub Horfs spawned outside of Downpour will have the same coloration as a normal Horf.
- Their bullets are also colored the same as normal horf bullets.
|Bug!||If a Horf or Psychic Horf is stunned, feared, or frozen at the same time that it tries to shoot Isaac after the effect wears off, its shot will be fired without its corresponding animation.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|