Homunculi attempt to chase Isaac but have a limited range of movement due to spawning attached to a wall or an Obstacle. Given enough time it will detach, spawning a small pool of Red Creep and shooting 6 projectiles in all directions and chasing quickly after Isaac. It also leaves a small pool of Red Creep upon death.
Destroying the obstacle that a Homunculus is attached to will prematurely release it.
- The Homunculi encountered in the Mr. Fred boss fight can only detach under Mr. Fred's command, not at free will. If there are any remaining Homunculi after Mr. Fred is killed they will remain permanently attached.
Begottens behave like Homunculi but do not spawn any Red Creep. When it detaches from the wall or Obstacle, it fires 6 blood shots in all directions, turns the room dark and becomes invisible. Attacking it causes it to temporarily become visible.
Unused pre-release sprite of Begotten found among the Room Editor files.
- A homunculus is a very small human or humanoid creature.
- Similar to Frowning Gapers and Nulls, Homunculi and Begottens are seen in a sleep-like state at the start of a room before they immediately open their eyes and attempt to pursue the player.
- Begottens are the only non-boss enemies that can cast a "curse of darkness" effect.
- Homunculi will still leave behind creep if re-rolled with D10.
|Bug!||If an Explosivo tear is stuck to a Begotten, when it becomes invisible, the tear will fall to the ground.|
|Bug!||In the "RoomEditor" modding tool, Homunculi cannot be placed.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|