Homunculus is a monster that has a small range of movement because it is attached to the wall or an Obstacle. Given enough time it will detach, shooting 6 blood shots in all directions and chasing quickly after Isaac. It leaves a small amount of Red Creep when it dies while attached or if it detaches itself.
it is a representation of a small human being
Variations[edit | edit source]
Begotten[edit | edit source]
|Base HP||Stage HP|
Spawned by Sisters Vis
Begotten acts like Homunculus but doesn't leave Red Creep when it dies. When it detaches from the wall or Obstacle, it fires 6 blood shots in all directions, turns the room dark and becomes invisible. However, it temporarily becomes visible if it takes damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Homunculi and Begottens can spawn attached to rocks. If the rocks are destroyed before they are slain, then they will instantly detach and chase the player.
- The Homunculi encountered in the Mr. Fred boss fight can only detach under Mr. Fred's command, not at free will.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A homunculus is a very small human or humanoid creature- the word can also be used to describe a certain fetus-like ovarian cystic teratoma.
- Similar to Frowning Gapers and Nulls, Homunculi and Begottens are seen in a sleep-like state at the start of a room before they immediately open their eyes and attempt to pursue the player.
- Begottens are the only non-boss enemies that can cast a "curse of darkness" effect.
- Homunculi will still leave behind creep if re-rolled with D10.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||If an Explosivo tear is stuck to a Begotten, when it becomes invisible, the tear will fall to the ground.|
|Bug!||In the "RoomEditor" modding tool, Homunculi cannot be placed.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|