Holy Water is a passive item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns a familiar that follows Isaac. If Isaac takes damage, it will shatter and create a blue pool of damaging water, similar to Lemon Mishap.
- The pool lasts for over 9 seconds and deals 8 damage per tick or 24 damage per second to non-flying enemies.
- After breaking, Holy Water will reappear in the next room.
- Spawns a familliar that follows Isaac and launches forward when Isaac shoots. Upon hitting an enemy, it will shatter and create damaging blue creep. Enemies in the pool will be petrified.
- After breaking, Holy Water will respawn after a short period and can be fired again.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- BFFS!: Familiar is bigger but no effect on damage.
- Double the pool damage and spawn a blue flame on point of impact, greatly increase damage overall.
- Fire Mind: Pool will have a blue fire effect which inflicts burn and blocks enemy bullets.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item is a reference to the sub-weapon of the same name from the Castlevania series of games.
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, holding Holy Water will turn one of your shooting familiars into Brother Bobby, and it will change back when the Holy Water breaks. It will turn back into Brother Bobby after entering the next room.
- The in-game description for Holy Water in the original game was 'Don't Spill It'.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC CKDX 0E6V (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC M270 08YX (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 T2Z4 E4N4 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||If Isaac has the Extension Cord and Holy Water breaks, the sprite is temporarily stored just off the top-left of the screen, where the yellow beams will still connect to it.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|