Holy Mantle is a passive item.
- Protects Isaac from damage by blocking one hit.
- Shield effect recharges the next room.
- This item belongs to the Seraphim set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into an angel.
- When the shield is broken, Isaac gets invincibility frames like he does when he would normally take damage.
- If Isaac would have taken half a heart of damage, he will be granted one second's worth of invincibility frames.
- If Isaac would have taken a full heart of damage, he will be granted two seconds' worth of invincibility frames.
- If Isaac would have taken two full hearts of damage, he will be granted four seconds' worth of invincibility frames.
- Holy Mantle breaking only grants half a second of invincibility frames, regardless of the damage source.
- The Blind Rage trinket will double the amount of invincibility frames granted.
- Holy Mantle will protect you from Spiked Chests.
- As the shield gets restored whenever another room is entered, Holy Mantle allows Curse Rooms to be entered and left without taking damage.
- This can be bypassed by quitting the game entirely (not just returning to the Main Menu) before continuing the run, allowing players who have lost the shield within the Curse Room to leave without taking damage.
- Holy Mantle won't be active when initially spawning on a floor in the spawn room. For example, the damage caused by walking into a Curse Room adjacent to spawn is not negated. Walking into another room and coming back to spawn resets the Holy Mantle and allows you to safely enter said Curse Room.
- Unlike every other protective effect (like shield or invulnerability), Holy Mantle does not prevent damage from Blood Donation Machines, Devil Beggars, and Blood Rights. This is probably done to avoid exploiting them, given the infinitely rechargeable effect of the Holy Mantle.
- However, Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars can be played practically for free during the invincibility frames granted when losing the Holy Mantle shield. This means that if there are spikes, Fire Places or similar viable methods of taking damage, one can exploit the machine or beggar until it pays out if he has enough speed to walk to them while under the effect of the invincibility frames. A common example is a Curse Room that contains a Devil Beggar in the middle of the room.
- Damage from Sacrifice Room spikes can be blocked by Holy Mantle, but nothing will spawn unless Isaac takes damage.
- Bad Trip will not damage the player when protected by Holy Mantle.
- The blocked hit does not count as damage taken for related achievements and will not trigger items that activate upon taking damage, like Dead Bird. This means that such items are still worthless for The Lost.
- If the player possesses Pyromaniac, the Holy Mantle will appear to be consumed if hit by an explosion before other damage, but will still protect from the first actual hit.
- Holy Card effect stacks with Holy Mantle.
- The Lost starts with this item after donating 879 coins to the Greed Donation Machine.
- Holy Mantle will not recharge after every wave in Greed mode and will only recharge when the room is left and re-entered.
- Holy Mantle will protect the player from the automatic damage that occurs when the timer runs out in the SPEED! challenge.
- Holy Mantle does not stack with The Lost's innate Holy Mantle effect; he can still only take one hit per room before dying.
- When Holy Mantle is broken, a white cross symbol will briefly appear over the player character and a smashing sound will play to alert you.
- Holy Mantle cannot naturally appear on pedestals while playing as Tainted Lost. However can be obtained in ways such as Spindown Dice.
- E Coli: The nullified first hit will turn the contacted enemy into poop without damaging Isaac.
- Infamy: Infamy's chance of blocking projectiles is applied before the Holy Mantle, allowing the Holy Mantle shield to be saved.
- Isaac's Heart: The shield effect transfers to the heart.
- Midas' Touch: The nullified first hit will freeze and turn enemies into gold.
- Paschal Candle: The nullified first hit will not reset the tears bonus.
- Stop Watch: If damage is blocked with Holy Mantle, Stop Watch will trigger the slow effect.
- Athame: Getting hit when the Holy Mantle shield is active prevents Athame from triggering its effect.
- Blanket/ Wooden Cross: The effects stack, giving multiple shields. However, Holy Mantle's shield is applied last, so it cannot be used to protect Wooden Cross' more valuable shield.
- Diplopia: An extra effect is added in the room it was found in, but only a single effect will be given in future rooms.
- Dull Razor: Will break Holy Mantle’s shield and prevent the Dull Razor’s effect from working.
- : Dull Razor will work normally and will not break Holy Mantle’s shield.
- Glass Cannon: Holy Mantle's effect will apply after Glass Cannon reduces Isaac's health to half a heart.
- Sharp Plug: Holy Mantle blocks the damage from Sharp Plug, but also keeps Isaac's active item from charging.
- The Lost can still find this item on a pedestal, even if it is unlocked as a starting item. Picking up Holy Mantle will not give you a second shield in the room, and as such, should be rerolled or not picked up if another item exists in the same selection.
PC 2RTG TZKG (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 893G 9AYJ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 1QXB 08E9 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 8WKT GK49 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC CJHB BJF8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC HGBT SDKC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 3403 J3ZN (First floor Treasure Room)
PC CEH8 HGYN (Treasure room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 S1HX M6V9 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita HPJ6 R873 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
XboxOne J3HV KLK8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
XboxOne Y6PX GRBK (First Floor Treasure Room)
3DS 8FKH 6SN6 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn; Curse of the Blind)
Switch KMBW P2MF (First Floor Treasure Room)
|Bug!||If the Holy Mantle is removed from the player's items — for example, when using the D4 — Isaac can still take one damage and it will be negated with the Holy Mantle's effect, but only in the room where the items were re-rolled.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|