Starting with Number One limits Isaac's range significantly. Getting close to enemies is required to defeat them.
The starting item set grants Isaac the Oh Crap transformation, significantly increasing his survivability.
- Flush! can be powerful when dealing with a large number of enemies, such as in a 2x2 room. Turning all the enemies into poop allows for rapid clearing of rooms, and Petrified Poop increases the chance of those poops containing pickups.
- E. Coli can turn enemies into poop. Given the short range granted by Number One, enemies will be more likely to do contact damage. Enemies that do not do contact damage (Black Flies, Mulligan, Hosts, etc) are valuable, as they can be transformed into poop with no drawbacks.
- Skatole is a highly useful item, due to the amount of Black Flies it creates that can be transformed into poop.
- Butt Bombs gives 5 extra bombs to start with, which can make items or Secret Rooms easier to find in the first 2 levels.
- Because of Number One's synergy with Brimstone, it is highly recommended, despite the Health cost.
- While it is slow, Mysterious Candy can be helpful if resources are scarce in a run.
- Due to starting with the Oh Crap transformation in Repentance, it's possible to adopt a similar strategy to Tainted Magdalene, where Isaac touches enemies to trigger E. Coli, then breaks the resulting poop to gain health back.
|1. Pitch Black||2. High Brow||3. Head Trauma||4. Darkness Falls||5. The Tank|
|6. Solar System||7. Suicide King||8. Cat Got Your Tongue||9. Demo Man||10. Cursed!|
|11. Glass Cannon||12. When Life Gives You Lemons||13. Beans!||14. It's in the Cards||15. Slow Roll|
|16. Computer Savvy||17. Waka Waka||18. The Host||19. The Family Man||20. Purist|
|21. XXXXXXXXL||22. SPEED!||23. Blue Bomber||24. PAY TO PLAY||25. Have a Heart|
|26. I RULE!||27. BRAINS!||28. PRIDE DAY!||29. Onan's Streak||30. The Guardian|
|31. Backasswards||32. Aprils Fool||33. Pokey Mans||34. Ultra Hard||35. Pong|
|36. Scat Man||37. Bloody Mary||38. Baptism by Fire||39. Isaac's Awakening||40. Seeing Double|
|41. Pica Run||42. Hot Potato||43. Cantripped!||44. Red Redemption||45. DELETE THIS|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|