Guppy's Eye is an unlockable passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance.
- Shows the contents of Chests, Fire Places, Sacks, and Shopkeepers before they're opened/destroyed.
- This item belongs to the Guppy set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Guppy.
- Guppy's Eye does not show the contents of tinted rocks, Poops, and other obstacles.
- Guppy's Eye does display enemies that can be contained within chests.
- Chests and Sacks can only display up to four pickups at a time. If there are more than four, higher-value pickups like Bombs, Keys, and Soul Hearts will have priority on the display.
- If a Red Chest looks like it doesn't have anything in it, it will teleport Isaac to the floor's Devil Room / Angel Room.
- Due to how Trinkets generate, if a Chest displays a trinket, all future Chests will also display/give that trinket until it spawns in some way, at which point all Chests will display a new trinket.
- Mimic Chests will change their contents whenever their spikes pop out. The only way to get the original drops is to open it with Flat File or Magneto.
- This effect works on all non-ending chests, including Mom's Chest.
- This item is substantially less useful in Greed Mode, due to the scarcity of chests.
- The contents of Sacks or Chests that haven't spawned yet will still be revealed (for example, in rooms that spawn such Chests or Sacks when Isaac pressed a hidden switch, etc.).
- Guppy's Eye: Picking up a second copy of the item gives Isaac a unique costume with both eyes replaced. This is purely cosmetic, and it will otherwise have no effect.
- Guppy's Eye is one of the few items that will give Isaac a unique costume when two copies are acquired, along with Brimstone and Glass Eye.
- This item was suggested on a Reddit post on the Binding of Isaac Subreddit.
- This item originates from the card game The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls. In it, Guppy's Eye forces all other players to play with their hands face-up on the table.
- Its pickup text is possibly a reference to the description of the Rasmus mask from Hotline Miami.
PC L4WH 88YF ( Curse Room adjacent to spawn)
| Pet Items