Godhead is an unlockable passive item.
- +0.5 damage.
- -0.3 tears.
- +1.2 range.
- +0.5 range.
- -0.3 shot speed.
- +0.8 tear height.
- Grants homing tears.
- Tears gain a damaging aura.
- Godhead is a special item.
- The damaging aura gets bigger with items that make tears bigger, e.g. Cricket's Head, Polyphemus, and Pupula Duplex.
- The aura deals around 30% of Isaac's current damage per tick, and ticks a total of 15 times per second.
- The aura deals 1.05 damage per tick.
- Compound Fracture/ Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Main tears and burst tears retain all effects.
- Explosivo/ Mucormycosis: Causes damaging aura to grow once attached to an enemy.
- Euthanasia: When needles are fired, they retain homing and damaging aura.
- Glass Cannon: The huge tear gains the homing ability and fully scaled damaging aura, able to cover most of the screen with extreme damage.
- Lachryphagy: Fired tears and burst tears retain aura and homing effect.
- The Ludovico Technique: Tear increases in size and gains the damaging aura effect.
- Tear also gains homing effect. May cause Tear to get stuck near enemies.
- A Lump of Coal: The size and damage of the aura increases as long as the tear is on screen.
- Pulse Worm: The aura also increases and decreases in size.
- Saturnus: The orbiting tears generated by Saturnus also have Godhead's damaging aura, but without the homing effect.
- Brimstone: Brimstone laser retains the homing effect, but doesn't receive the damaging aura.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs retain the homing effect, but don't receive a damaging aura.
- Epic Fetus: The crosshair homes in upon enemies, but neither the crosshair nor the missiles receive the damaging aura.
- Haemolacria: Main tear retains all effects, but burst tears do not.
- Burst tears also retain all effects.
- Mom's Knife: Knife retains the homing effect, but doesn't get the damaging aura.
- Piercing tears: Once the tear hits the enemy, the aura also ceases to do damage to that particular target.
- Enemies still get damaged by the aura after being pierced.
- Sinus Infection: The aura on booger tears stuck to an enemy won't hurt that particular enemy. Other enemies passing through it still take damage.
- Technology/ Technology 2/ Tech.5/ Tech X: Lasers retain the homing effect, but don't receive the damaging aura.
- Trisagion: Causes Godhead's aura to visually disappear; however, the aura is still there and can still damage enemies.
- Aura does not appear and deals no damage. The homing and decreased shot speed still work to great effect.
- Godhead is another term for Godhood or overall Divine nature.
- The Godhead bears a strong resemblance to the Eye of Providence, Eye of God, or The Eye That Sees All, a common religious symbol also used in Christian religions. The three edges of the triangle may represent each part of the Holy Trinity.
- Godhead is arguably the hardest/most grueling item to unlock in Rebirth and Afterbirth, as it requires having to kill every final boss, on Hard mode, with The Lost.
- The three triangles on the corners of the Godhead icon are quite likely a reference to The Mind, The Body, and The Soul items, as the colors of the corners match the colors of the three items.
- It could also be interpreted as a representation the consubstantial beings that make up the Christian God--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- This item appears in the Afterbirth † release date trailer.
PS4 G2KQ M1J1 (Angel Room in The Catacombs I in a damageless run)
|The Lost Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|