Gnawed Leaf is a passive item.
- Upon pickup, Isaac gets a small brown ringtail.
- After standing still and not pressing the move or attack buttons for one second, Isaac will turn into an invincible statue.
- Using bombs and active items will remove the invincibility state.
- Bombs can be placed while stationary and safely be stood on until they blow up if no other inputs are done after placing the bomb.
- While invulnerable, Little Horn’s pitfall still affects the player and will teleport them throughout the room; however, the damage is not dealt.
- With items like Cube of Meat, you can easily but slowly kill most of the enemies and bosses without taking any damage.
- 7 Seals: One of the more versatile familiars that works with Gnawed Leaf. The varied forms and attacks of this familiar make it capable of clearing pretty much any room given time. The locusts it produces often fly to Isaac which takes care of chasing enemies, but its damaging creep and chasing attacks can reach even the farthest enemies.
- Angry Fly: Aggressively attacks enemies even if they're far away, but can end up harmlessly orbiting slow or stationary enemies indefinitely, or trying to attack invulnerable enemies. It does better with slow or stationary bosses than regular enemies, diving in to attack periodically instead of harmlessly orbiting.
- Daddy Longlegs: Allows Isaac to easily clear most rooms or bosses while in statue form. Daddy Longlegs cannot damage bosses like The Shell and won't target enemies that are a long distance from Isaac.
- Dark Arts: While Isaac is surrounded by enemies, he will not take damage and will safely go into the shadow state. (Even if enemies are in pointblank range.)
- E. Coli / Midas' Touch / The Virus / Serpent's Kiss: Monsters touching the statue will be affected without Isaac taking collision damage.
- Empty Vessel: if Empty Vessel's requirement is fulfilled, the player can safely wait for the shield to activate, allowing to deal damage without leaving invulnerability.
- Kamikaze!: Statue form will break, but the initial explosion will not damage Isaac, therefore granting Isaac quasi-unlimited bombs.
- The Ludovico Technique: The hovering tear will still deal damage and the statue form won't break as long as the attack buttons aren't being pressed.
- The Ludovico Technique + Strange Attractor: Can pull enemies in while remaining a statue, clearing out rooms easily.
- Mom's Knife: The knife can damage enemies while Isaac is a statue.
- Mom's Heels: While invincible, Isaac can still deal contact damage.
- Monstrance: The aura makes quick work of chasing enemies.
- The Pinking Shears: Isaac's body will attack enemies while his head is invincible.
- Placenta: Isaac can safely regenerate Red Hearts in any room, making it easy to have enough health from any mistake at the cost of time.
- Salvation: The aura can trigger from nearby enemies while Isaac is safely a statue, and the damaging beams when this happens can reach farther enemies. This powerful attack can make quick work of bosses that chase Isaac.
- Spin to Win: Gnawed Leaf will activate while using Spin to Win, as long as Isaac is stationary. This allows for a brief moment of high damage against enemies that chase Isaac.
- Sprinkler: Can be placed upon entering a room, and will continue to fire when Isaac is invincible, meaning any room can be cleared without the risk of Isaac taking damage. This theoretically allows end-game bosses to be beaten without having to move.
- Super Magnet: Pulls enemies into Isaac, can be extremely powerful if combined with orbitals that allow contact damage.
- Damocles: If Isaac is in statue form when the sword falls, he will not die.
- Tainted Cain: Tainted Cain can craft Gnawed Leaf and damaging familiars and Clicker to enable almost any character to take advantage of these synergies without having to rely on randomly finding the items.
- Tainted Magdalene: Tainted Magdalene's "Hug" attack still triggers when in the statue state without taking damage, making short work of aggressive enemies as well as providing lots of healing.
- Tainted Forgotten: The Soul is invincible as long as the bone club is not used and The Forgotten is not thrown, even if The Soul is holding The Forgotten and moving around.
- Blood Rights / IV Bag / Razor Blade: Statue invulnerability will not prevent damage from these items when activated.
- Blood Oath: Standing still at the start of a level will block Blood Oath's damage, preventing it from activating.
- My Little Unicorn / The Gamekid / Unicorn Stump: Statue form can activate while invulnerable.
- Book of Virtues / Lemegeton: Wisps are invincible while invulnerable.
- Jacob and Esau: If Esau picks up the item, he can remain invulnerable even when Jacob is moving but not when firing.
- This item is a reference to the Super Leaf from Super Mario Bros. 3, which grants the player the Tanooki suit. The Tanooki Suit also has a tanooki tail and the ability to turn into a statue.
- When paired with Midas' Touch, the statue gains a golden tint.
- There's a small chance when becoming invincible for the player to look like the unused character Edith from Antibirth.
PC B92K GXDD (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC LT27 MVPB (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC RL6W VFAY (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC CJ4H VH3Y (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 HAVA 1KAS (First floor Treasure Room)
3DS WWM6 4YZE (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch VCDS LZTR (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|Bug!||Leaving and re-entering a run while in statue form makes Isaac continue to appear in statue form, though he is vulnerable.|
|Bug!||Moving as Tainted Forgotten doesn't disable Gnawed Leaf. (Attacking however, does)|