- Replaces all new chests with Golden Chests.
- Modifies the contents of Golden Chests to be able to give cards and trinkets from a single chest alongside normal pickups.
- Also enables Golden Chests to drop pills.
- Gives Isaac one key when picked up for the first time.
- Old Chests and Mega Chests cannot be overwritten by Golden Chests.
- The contents of Golden Chests can be changed retroactively by picking up/dropping Gilded Key. This can even be observed if Isaac has Guppy's Eye, allowing him to see what the chest would have if he did(n't) have the key and choose which payout he wants.
- This also applies to chests that use Golden Chests' loot systems, such as Stone Chests and Eternal Chests.
- Mega Chests will also have their contents modified if they didn't contain items.
- The difference in contents between the two chest payouts are independent from each other; regardless of if the original chest had an item, card, trinket, or pickups, the modified chest can have any combination of them.
- Modified chests are still unable to spawn pickups alongside items.
- Gilded Key does not retroactively change chests that have already spawned into Golden Chests, or change their contents.
- Golden Chests in The Chest will still spawn items.
- The Left Hand: Overrides Gilded Key.
- Paper Clip: If you have Mom's Purse, you can take Gilded Key and Paper Clip at the same time and get a strong synergy, since Paper Clip allows to open Golden Chests without a key; this synergy becomes even stronger with Mom's Key, since this item gives better chest loot.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|