|This article is a stub.|
You can help the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki by.
Gehenna is an alternative floor to Mausoleum. Its coloring is red and black with demonic themes. The floor has horned skulls, bones, and blood on the black cracked floor while bloodied chains hang from the walls. It greatly ressembles a torture chamber.
It has a few unique features such as rotating spike balls, red demon fires, and multitudes of spike flooring. Like the Mausoleum, it also has Teleporters to traverse the level.
||39.4||Randomly wanders around the room. Pauses to charge and fire a homing Brimstone laser when Isaac gets in its line of sight.|
||227.0||Spawns fly and spider enemies until it is destroyed.|
||227.0||Wanders around the room and throws a bone at Isaac when he is in sight.|
||274.0||Utilises a whip to target Isaac.|
||275.0||Utilises a long whip to target Isaac.|
||312.0||Quickly slides towards Isaac when he gets in its line of sight. Cannot be destroyed.|
||319.0||Floats toward Isaac and fires a small Brimstone at Isaac after getting close to him.|
||321.0||Wanders quickly around the room, reviving enemies that have died in the current room. Also creates an indestructible, homing Purple Ball at the start of the room.|
||322.0||Fires a line of blood shots and creep if Isaac is on either side of it. Occasionally summons bone traps that temporarily ensnare Isaac if he walks into them.|
||332.0||Walks towards Isaac and occasionally charges at him.|
||333.0||Walks towards Isaac, shoots 4-way Brimstone beams, and occasionally charges at him.|
||863.0||Floats towards Isaac to deal contact damage, only when Isaac is moving. Gets faster the longer Isaac has been moving for. Stops in place when Isaac stops moving.|
||864.0||Rapidly bounces around the room diagonally while Isaac is shooting.|
|The Visage||The Horny Boys||Mom||Mom's Heart|
Music[edit | edit source]
- The music in Gehenna is titled Morning Star. "Morning Star" or "Shining One" is Greek for Light-Bringer or Lucifer.
- The planet Venus is considered the Morning Star and is associated with the Devil falling from heaven. This is due to it falling beneath the horizon in the morning, much like how the former angel fell to Earth. Venus and the Devil share the name Lucifer because of this.
- A morning star is also a type of weapon that consists of a spiked ball at the end of a club. An extremely brutal weapon that also resembles the rotating spike balls unique to this floor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Hebrew belief, Gehenna (or Gehinnom) was thought to be a small valley in Jerusalem. The name literally translated to "Valley of Hinnom" and in the Valley, Kings of Jerusalem would sacrifice their child through fire.
- Gehenna was also thought to be "the destination of the wicked" in Jewish literature. It differs from the neutral-leaning Sheol as Gehenna was considered a type of waiting room; the longest one can be there is 11 or 12 months with few exceptions.
- Although it is to be noted that Gehenna was also at first a grave, and later became a purgatory for those who entered. Individuals who entered would be judged for the deeds one did in life, along with their flaws and negative actions.
- It was also though to be the location of Jerusalem's garbage dump, where the city's waste and the corpses of criminals were disposed by incineration. These fires burned for most of the day, inspiring later descriptions of Hell as a place of eternal torment by fire for the wicked.
- This floor could also potentially be a nod to The Seven Planes of Hehenna, a similarly named area in another of Edmund McMillen's games, Gish. This is reinforced by the numerous similarities the two share, such as the appearance of gimp-clad enemies and the visual theme of a demonic temple.
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|