- Makes all spikes retract, preventing them from dealing damage.
- Most spikes leave behind holes or a visual cue showing where they would normally be.
- The spikes around Curse Room doors are removed, allowing them to be entered and exited without taking damage.
- Retracts damaging spikes from Spiked Rocks and Spiked/Mimic Chests.
- Removes the spikes from Pokies, Slides, and Wall Huggers.
- Pokies, Slides, and Wall Huggers don't immediately stop moving once they are despiked, and are still able to push Isaac without dealing damage.
- Has no effect on Grudges, neither retracting their spikes nor despawning them.
- Causes Spikeballs to despawn.
- If Flat File is dropped in a room with spikes, the spikes will not extend again unless the room is left and re-entered.
- Spiked Rocks will not re-extend their spikes.
- Mimic Chests won't change their contents when Isaac is up close to them (visible with Guppy's Eye) if opened under the effect of Flat File.
- Flat File also retracts the spikes in the center of Sacrifice Rooms, making them unusable while the trinket is held. The spikes reappear after dropping the trinket and re-entering the room.
- Flat File does not prevent The Pile or Mama Gurdy from using their spike attacks.
- Also removes spikes from doors in the Cursed! challenge, making it much easier.
- A Pound of Flesh: Doesn't retract spikes placed around consumables in shops.
- Sanguine Bond: Retracts the spikes, making the item useless.
- The Flat File assumedly "files" down the spikes, like one would file the jagged imperfections from their nails, or file metal bars to escape from jail.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|