Fatties walk slowly toward Isaac occasionally stopping to fart, which pushes Isaac away without dealing damage if he is too close. This will also push away adjacent enemies to a lesser degree.
- 1 Variations
- 1.1 Pale Fatty
- 1.2 Flaming Fatty
- 1.3 Fat Sack
- 1.4 Blubber
- 1.5 Half Sack
- 1.6 Conjoined Fatty
- 1.7 Blue Conjoined Fatty
- 1.8 Peeping Fatty
- 1.9 Peeping Fatty Eye
- 1.10 Bloaty
- 1.11 Bubbles
- 1.12 Shady
- 1.13 Quakey
- 1.14 Big Bony
- 1.15 Vis Fatty
- 1.16 Fetal Demon
- 1.17 Gutted Fatty
- 1.18 Gutted Fatty Eye
- 1.19 Stoney
- 1.20 Cross Stoney
- 2 Gallery
- 3 Trivia
- 4 References
Pale Fatties behave like Fatties, but will also spit out 6 blood shots in all directions when farting. When killed, they have a chance to become a Blubber.
Flaming Fatties behave identically to regular Fatties but have a chance to leave behind a damaging flame upon death. They can also spawn a damaging flame by farting.
Unlike other flaming enemies they are not immune to damage from fire sources and regular Fatties will not turn into Flaming Fatties upon contact with any source of fire.
Fat Sacks walk slowly towards Isaac and can leap offscreen and attempt to land on Isaac, shooting 6 bullets in all directions and leaving a puddle of Red Creep behind when it lands. Like Pale Fatties, they have a chance to turn into a Blubber when killed. These monsters behave very similar to Leapers.
Blubbers walk aimlessly around the room, randomly spewing a cluster of blood shots in all directions. When killed, there is a chance for it to become a Half Sack.
Half Sacks walk aimlessly around the room and leave behind a trail of Red Creep.
Conjoined Fatties slowly walk towards Isaac and occasionally pause to fart out a line of damaging Green Creep. There is a chance that upon death, it will turn into a regular Fatty.
If killed while farting, the Creep line won't grow to its full length. It will instead stop spreading the instant the Conjoined Fatty is killed.
Blue Conjoined Fatty
Blue Conjoined Fatties slowly walk towards Isaac and occasionally fart out a homing Ipecac shot at Isaac. Unlike normal Conjoined Fatties, they won't turn into any kind of Fatty upon death.
- They only appear in normal mode.
- They can also appear in ??? with the use of Red Key or by entering Treasure Rooms with the Blue Key.
- Blue Conjoined Fatties now have a new appearance, resembling that of Hush.
Peeping Fatties slowly walk towards Isaac and occasionally fart out 6 blood shots in all directions. They are unique in that they have two indestructible Peeping Fatty Eyes that float around them that are out of socket and attached by muscles.
Each eye generally prioritizes its focus on Isaac, but will occasionally become interested in something else, which could be an enemy, obstacle, or a collectible. The Peeping Fatty will sometimes begin pursuing whatever one or both of his eyes have become fascinated with but will also prioritize chasing Isaac if he is in view.
If both eyes are destroyed (using Euthanasia for example), the Fatty will become blind and wander around randomly.
Peeping Fatty Eye
Peeping Fatty Eyes spawn in pairs behave differently from similar enemies as they are attached by muscle-like cords to a Peeping Fatty. Peeping Fatty Eyes each have their individual object of focus which directs the Peeping Fatty's movements. They can still float over obstacles like their variants while the Peeping Fatty cannot. They will be destroyed once their correlating Peeping Fatty dies.
Each eye generally prioritizes its focus on Isaac, but will occasionally become interested in something else, which could be an enemy, obstacle, or a collectible. The Peeping Fatty will sometimes begin perusing whatever one or both of his eyes have become fascinated with but will also prioritize chasing Isaac if he is in view.
Bloaties unlike other fatties, seem to be blind and do not chase Isaac nor target him. They lumber in random directions and periodically spit out a line of Green Creep and arcing projectiles in the direction they are facing or to its either side, horizontally or diagonally. The initial creep shot can hit Isaac even if he has flight. Upon death they leave a small puddle of green creep.
Bubbles slowly walk towards Isaac like regular Fatties and will occasionally fart sending out a burst of short range projectiles in all directions. Hitting a Bubbles will cause it to shoot a projectile in a random direction. Upon death, they will burst into a geyser of projectiles that rain down in a large radius.
Shadies follow Isaac at a faster pace than regular Fatties and have two attacks which they perform:
- They can shoot a large black and red projectile towards Isaac which releases accelerating shots perpendicular to itself while traveling. Upon colliding with a wall, the large projectile creates a ring of shots that spread outward.
- They can jump in place, creating lines of explosions in the cardinal directions upon landing which span the length of the room.
- Shadies are one of the few enemies which utilize Damage Scaling, making their unimpressive HP total misleading. Their armor is quite high and allows them to take massive amounts of punishment before being taken down, comparable even to some bosses.
Quakeys walk slowly towards Isaac and occasionally attempt to jump on Isaac, shooting out 8 rock shots when they hit the ground and causing rocks to fall from the ceiling. Isaac will take knockback if he is standing too close to a Quakey's zone of impact.
Big Bonies walk towards towards Isaac, and occasionally fire a large bone projectile that bounces off of objects and can be destroyed.
Vis Fatties spawn with a Fetal Demon attached to their slit abdomens. The Fatty will slowly walk towards the player while the Fetal Demon occasionally lunges towards Isaac if he gets too close. As it is tethered, the Demon has a limited range of movement. Occasionally the Vis Fatty will fart, which briefly pushes the Fetal Demon away, giving it a substantial increase in range, as well as creating puddles of damaging Red Creep around the Fatty, the Demon and the cord that attaches them.
If the Fatty is killed first, the Demon will be broken free and continuously chase down the player similar to Gemini Suture. If the Demon is killed first, the Vis Fatty unleashes a Brimstone laser in the closest diagonal direction to Isaac. It will then fly backwards around the room diagonally, bumping off of walls and tall blocks all while continuously shooting Brimstone behind it.
Fetal Demons usually spawn tethered to a Vis Fatty's slit abdomen and occasionally makes short lunges towards Isaac if he gets close. They can also be propelled a longer distance when the Vis Fatty farts. If the Vis Fatty is killed they will chase Isaac similarly to Gemini Suture. The only other place where they can be encountered is in the Mom fight in Mausoleum / Gehenna, and is the only place where they are encountered alone.
Every time a third of the Gutted Fatty's health is depleted, it spawns a Gutted Fatty Eye. These eyes normally float around the Gutted Fatty they emerged from and block shots. Whenever Isaac walks too close to one of these eyes they will abandon their position and begin slowly chasing him instead. The eyes will return to defending the Gutted Fatty if Isaac walks far enough away from them. The eyes only die when the Gutted Fatty dies.
Upon death, the Gutted Fatty explodes into a massive shower of blood projectiles, similar to that of Bubbles.
Gutted Fatty Eye
Gutted Fatty Eyes spawn in pairs but do not bounce around the room erratically like similar enemies. They are spawned by a Gutted Fatty as it takes damage, one at 66% HP and a second at 33% HP. When spawned, they will hover around their correlating Gutted Fatty blocking tears. They will be destroyed once their correlating Gutted Fatty dies.
Whenever Isaac walks too close to one of these eyes they will abandon their position and begin slowly chasing him instead- moving in wave-like patterns. If both eyes are chasing Isaac they will maintain a distance between the two as they move in order to cover more area. They will return to defending the Gutted Fatty if Isaac walks far enough away from them.
Stoneys walk towards Isaac while blocking his shots. They stop and catch their breath after chasing Isaac for a few seconds. They do not do contact damage but will often push Isaac around. They are invincible, but die when the room is cleared, similar to the Death's Head enemies. Stoneys are unlocked by defeating The Lamb for the first time.
- If Stonies aren't unlocked yet, Conjoined Fatties will usually spawn in their rooms instead, although Fatties are also placeholders for Stonies in some rooms.
- Spectral tears and piercing tears will pierce through Stoneys.
- If they are poisoned with The Virus, upon clearing the room, they have a chance to drop a Black Heart despite not taking damage.
- Touching a Stoney can break open Walnut.
- Stoneys are immune to all status effects.
- Stoneys can be killed with Chaos Card, Euthanasia, and Little Horn.
- Stoneys were nerfed in update v1.06.0188 by making them pause in exhaustion after following the player. Before that, Stonies would continually chase the player.
A Cross Stoney is a type of Stoney added in Booster Pack #5. These new enemies act like a hybridization of a Stoney and a Cross Stone Shooter; they constantly chase the player like a Stoney but will shoot 4 shots outwards vertically and diagonally like a Cross Grimace.
- Death's Head, Flesh Death's Head, Stonies, Cross Stonies, and Eggies are the only non-boss enemies with a death animation.
- Conjoined Fatties and Bloaties are one of five enemies (four without Repentance, three without Afterbirth+) in the game that uses Creep as projectiles, the others are Ultra Pride, Meatballs and The Thing.
- Blubbers appear to be headless Pale Fatties or, more accurately, headless Fat Sacks.
- Similarly, Half Sacks appear to be the lower portions of Pale Fatties or, more accurately, the lower portions of Fat Sacks.
- Conjoined Fatties and Blue Conjoined Fatties suffer the condition of polycephaly, having more than one head.
- Conjoined Fatties and Blue Conjoined Fatties make the same high-pitched growling noises as Gapers instead of the lower-pitched ones used by other Fatties.
- Stoneys look very similar to Stone Grimaces with bodies.
- Stoneys make the sounds of a pitched-down Gaper.
- Stoneys make the sounds of a pitched-down Fatty.
- Cross Stoneys do not appear in regular runs; they only appear in the Aprils Fool challenge.
- Antibirth developer Kilburn first revealed Cross Stoneys on the 1st of April for Booster Pack #5.
- It was revealed on the 1st of April, and Cross Stoneys are exclusive to the Aprils Fool Challenge.
- Blue Conjoined Fatties were redesigned to look similar to Hush.
- In Antibirth, Quakies used to have a different face.
- In Antibirth, Big Bony's bone attack used to be different - the bone was a lobbed projectile that created shockwaves in the place of its impact. Big Bonies also used to spawn in Mausoleum.
- Vis Fatties look very similar to Exorcists.
- Bloaty's name and design is somewhat a reminiscent to the human corpse's bloating stage, which causes the corpse to swell up and bear swollen lips and eyeballs due to gas.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music