- Isaac's tears are now controlled mid-flight with tear controls instead of moving on their own, similarly to the controlled tear given by The Ludovico Technique.
- +1 damage.
- +2.0 range.
- -0.16 shot speed.
- This item belongs to the Leviathan set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Leviathan.
- The flight duration of tears is determined by the range stat.
- Items which use charge mechanics (like Chocolate Milk, Cursed Eye or Monstro's Lung) require precise input to be able to both charge the shot and then move the tears, making it significantly harder to control.
- Beams and lasers like Brimstone are unaffected by this.
- MouseControl=1 enabled via the options.ini file does not allow the player to control the tears by mouse. Synergies which add a crosshair, however, will allow the tears to be controlled by mouse normally. (Further detail on valid synergies below)
Synergies which cause auto-fire can have the firing stopped by pressing the "drop" key or button. Pressing Fire will resume auto-firing.
- Brimstone: Makes a purple homing beam. The brimstone laser is automatically fired at a controllable cross-hair target after pressing the fire key each room.
- Eye Sore/ Loki's Horns/ Mom's Eye/ The Wiz / Conjoined: Extra tears fly in the same direction.
- Isaac's Tears/ Tammy's Head/ Varicose Veins: Generates a halo of tears that don't break their shape.
- The Ludovico Technique: While holding a direction, the Ludovico tear will constantly shoot out controllable tears in random directions. The air time of these tears scales with the range stat.
- Sprinkler: Sprinkler's tears travel a very short distance in their original direction and can be controlled afterwards.
- Proptosis + Anti-Gravity: Tears travel and keep their initial size as long as the fire key is held, allowing for massive damage.
- Trisagion: The Trisagion beams will fire in the direction of cross-hair and after the fire button is released they stay in place until they fade away.
- Anti-Gravity: Overridden by Eye of the Occult. Tears up still applies.
- Brain Worm: Tears will veer slightly towards enemies when travelling by, but will quickly return to player control.
- Chocolate Milk: Not Recommended. Releasing the key to fire tears will stop the tear's movement, making it difficult to shoot enemies.
- Cursed Eye: The tears stack on top of each other, and only move forward when holding a direction afterwards.
- Dr. Fetus: Bombs will now be controlled both in direction and range.
- Homing Tears: Tears still home towards enemies, but controlled movement is stronger than the homing effect.
- Immaculate Heart: Extra tears are not affected by Eye of the Occult. Stat changes still apply.
- Marked: Tears fired will fly towards the exact crosshair position.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Eye of the Occult.
- My Reflection: Causes the pull to be lessened while actively controlling the tears. Pull returns to normal when not firing.
- Pop! When being actively moved, tears can stay in the air until the fire button is let go.
- Tech X: Overrides Eye of the Occult.
- Technology: Creates a controllable crosshair. Lasers are fired towards the crosshair, similar to Marked.
- Tiny Planet: Not Recommended. The tears will stop moving when not shooting in the direction of their orbit, making it nearly impossible to control where they go.
- Tractor Beam: Tears will only move forward while being fired, but control is otherwise overridden.
- This item's name and visual design originate from a Reddit post on the Binding of Isaac subreddit.
Isaac's Tears activated and being driven using the Eye of the Occult. The halo is the tears formed from Isaac's Tears.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music