Eyes are immobile and attack by rotating towards Isaac and firing a Technology laser towards his position. Non-Eye enemies hit by the lasers take 8 damage.
Bloodshot Eyes behave similarly to Eyes but fires a wider Brimstone beam towards Isaac. Non-Eye enemies hit by the beam take 22 damage per tick.
The Holy Eye is a stationary enemy, much like other Eyes. Every few seconds, it summons four beams of light (similar to the beams summoned by Crack the Sky) near Isaac's position, with shadows telegraphing where the beams will strike. The first beam strikes where Isaac is, but the others will attempt to predict his movements, striking where Isaac would be if he kept moving in a straight line. Holy Eyes will always attempt to summon beams of light if they take damage and aren't already firing.
Unused pre-release sprite/placeholder for the Bloodshot Eye found among the Room Editor files.
- When Eyes spawn, they can be briefly seen opening their eyelids before they start turning towards the player.
- In the original Binding of Isaac, Bloodshot Eyes, despite using Brimstone as projectiles, had limited range. This does not apply to Rebirth.
- Eyes may be a reference of Mr. I from Super Mario 64, which is immobile and can rotate, although they shoot pink bubbles from their pupils instead of lasers.
- Afflicting fear to Eyes will cause them to look away from Isaac.
- Holy Eyes, Holy Bonies, and Holy Mulligans originated as cards from the card game The Binding of Isaac: Four Souls.
- They originally went by the card name "Holy Mom's Eye" as the card name for regular Eyes was "Mom's Eye".
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|