Effect[edit | edit source]
- Isaac will occasionally fire a slow-moving eye with an infinite range that fires tears identical to Isaac's tears in the direction that Isaac is firing.
- The chance is affected very slightly by luck and never gets very high.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The eye has the same rate of fire and damage as Isaac.
- The direction of the eye's tears is affected by the direction the eye is traveling in.
- If the eyes are spawned from The Forgottens Melee attack, the eyes will pick up items off the floor in the same way The Forgottens melee attack does.
- The eyes are not treated as familiars and therefore will not synergize with items like BFFS!.
- Eyes disappear when hitting walls, enemies, and obstacles, even if Isaac has piercing or spectral tears.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Astral Projection: During the time-stop period of Astral Projection, there is a chance that the eyes fired will stop in the air instead of flying in a direction, and will last indefinitely until an enemy bump into it, greatly increase the existing time of evil eyes. Triggering of Astral Projection also greatly increase fire rate, giving a higher possibility to fire eyes.
- Homing tears: Eyes will fire homing tears; however, the eye itself will not home in on enemies.
- Pop!: Eyes will fire eyeball tears but cannot be knocked around by them.
- Trisagion: Eyes will fire beams. Occasionally causes Trisagion beams to stay static in the air for a few seconds, dealing damage to enemies that come in contact with them.
- Items that reduce shot speed, such as Dead Onion, can be beneficial, as eyes will stay on the screen longer.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 20/20/ Cursed Eye/ The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider: No effect; the eyes will still fire single tears.
- Angelic Prism: Eyes that hit the prism will be destroyed. Tears that the eyes fire will split if they travel through the prism.
- Azazel: No effect.
- Ball of Bandages/ Cube of Meat/ Dry Baby: Blocks the Evil Eye, making it hard to use.
- Brimstone: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Chocolate Milk: The tears fired by the eyes match Isaac's current charge. The eyes will not charge shots; they will continually fire in the direction that Isaac is aiming in.
- Continuum: Eyes will still disappear when hitting walls; however, they will fire tears that can travel through walls.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Eye of the Occult: The eye itself cannot be controlled, but the tears it shoots can be.
- Incubus: Incubus cannot fire eyes.
- Ipecac: Tears fired by eyes can damage Isaac.
- Lead Pencil: Eyes will fire barrages of tears every 15 times they fire their own tears.
- Lil Gurdy: Destroys eyes if it touches them.
- The Ludovico Technique: No effect.
- Marked: Tears shot from the eye shoot in the direction that Isaac is moving the cursor towards, not at the cursor.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Monstro's Lung: Eyes spawn more often but only fire one tear at a time.
- Sprinkler: Sprinkler cannot fire eyes.
- Technology: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Technology 2: Eyes only fire normal tears.
- Tech X: Overrides Evil Eye.
- Tiny Planet: Eyes travel straight forward, and tears fired by eyes orbit around Isaac.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In many different cultures, the evil eye is a curse cast upon someone, usually by a malicious glare, which can cause them injury or misfortune.
- The design is taken from the Nazar Boncuğu (Evil Eye Bead in Turkish). Nazar Boncuğu is a talisman used to ward off evil in Turkey.
- The blue color, milky effect, and name may be a reference to "The Tell-Tale Heart", a poem by famous Gothic poet Edgar Allan Poe.
- Despite having evil in the name, Evil Eye is not considered evil for the damage bonuses of Black Feather.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 3KKG ENQN (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn, surrounded by rocks and spikes)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|