Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- When used, swaps between the current character and Esau Jr., who has three Black Hearts, +2 flat damage, and flight.
- Despite starting with only black hearts, Esau Jr. is able to gain heart containers.
- Coins, Bombs, and Key are shared between the two characters, but everything else (including hearts, items, cards/pills, and trinkets) are not shared and apply only to the character that collects them.
- When used for the first time, Esau Jr. immediately gains random items equal to the number of items the original character had.
- Each new item will come from the same item pool the respective original item was taken from, similarly to the D4.
- Substitute Trinkets, Cards, Pills, and/or Active items are not given; only passive items are.
- Quest items like The Polaroid and set drops like The Small Rock are not included when counting the number of items.
- Any pickups that would normally be generated by the new items will all simultaneously drop when Esau Jr. is first used.
- If either character dies, they both die, regardless of whether the other character has any remaining health.
- Esau Jr. will keep any passive starting items the original character had; however, if said item(s) are rerollable, they will still count towards the number of items Esau Jr. will get.
- For example, if Eve uses Esau Jr for the first time, Esau Jr. will get both Dead Bird and Whore of Babylon as well as two extra Treasure Room items in addition to the ones he would normally receive.
- Active items in the original character's consumable slot will also be given to Esau Jr in his consumable slot (such as Tainted Magdalene's Yum Heart or Tainted Judas' Dark Arts).
- If the original character was only able to use certain kinds of hearts for health (such as ???, Keeper, or The Forgotten), Esau Jr. will only be able to use the hearts the original character could.
- Unlike revival items like Lazarus' Rags, Judas' Shadow, Missing Poster, or Ankh, Esau Jr. is still treated as the character he swapped from for the purposes of Post It Notes.
- If an inactive character has an Eternal Heart when the active character goes to a new floor, the eternal heart will turn into a heart container when that character becomes active again.
- If the original character doesn't fly and you swap to it on some part of the room just reachable by flying (i.e. beyond some water), you won't be able to leave (unless you can swap back to Esau Jr. or teleport by any means), effectively going into a softlock. This situation can be worked around by exiting and continuing the game, as the character appears next to a door.
- Bethany: Esau Jr. will have one heart container, but can still gain heart containers up to the character's normal cap. Soul Hearts will still be used as soul charges instead of health.
- Blood Oath / Card Reading / Dream Catcher / Isaac's Tomb / Luna / Voodoo Head: The character that has the item must be active going to a new floor for it to have its effect.
- In the case of Luna, the character that has the item must also be active going into Secret Rooms for them to spawn beams of light. However, either character can then enter the beam of light to gain tears and soul hearts.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns a black wisp when used to turn into Esau Jr. that is otherwise identical to a normal one; turning back into the original character destroys the wisp. All other wisps are retained between forms.
- Car Battery: Esau Jr. will only activate once, allowing it to be used normally.
- Chaos / Sacred Orb / TMTRAINER: Will affect the items given to Esau Jr. when used for the first time, but will not affect subsequent uses. Item generation is only affected if the character that has it is currently active.
- Eden's Blessing: The extra item given from turning into Esau Jr. for the first time will be different from the one given by Eden's Blessing.
- Empty Heart / Missing No.: If the character that has the item is inactive going to a new floor, it will activate for them immediately when they become active.
- Esau Jr.: If multiple copies of Esau Jr. are used, starting from the fifth one, instead of activating its regular effect, the item is consumed and spawns a special familiar that behaves like Abel, but dealing 7.5 damage per shot with higher fire rate.
- Multiple copies of the item can easily be obtained with Butter!, as using Esau Jr. while holding this trinket will spawn an additional copy of the item.
- The Forgotten: Esau Jr. will have one empty bone heart and three black hearts if used as The Forgotten, and one additional empty bone heart if used as The Soul.
- Genesis: Using Genesis as Esau Jr. will revert back to the original character.
- Keeper / Tainted Keeper: Esau Jr. will have two coin heart containers but only one is filled.
- Lost Soul: The soul respawns every time the character that has Lost Soul becomes active. If it's the first time Lost Soul spawned after going to a new floor, it will give a reward, regardless of whether or not it died on the previous floor.
- Panic Button: Activates Esau Jr. before the active character takes damage, redirecting the damage to the inactive character. The item's charge is used in the process.
- Schoolbag: The extra active item will continue to be held by the character that has Schoolbag. However, it cannot gain charges through any means until the character becomes active again.
- Tainted Cain: The items given to Esau Jr. on the first use are based on the item pool of the first room Tainted Cain gained an item from. Other abilities are unchanged.
- Tainted Eden: Taking damage will turn Esau Jr. back into Tainted Eden, along with all of its other effects. Tainted Eden's health before transforming into Esau Jr. will not be recovered.
- Tainted Jacob: Tainted Jacob and Esau Jr. both become ghosts if any of them get touched by Dark Esau.
- Tainted Magdalene: Esau Jr.'s starting black hearts will quickly drain down to half a heart; he must obtain heart containers while in this form to have any survivability.
- Tainted Lost: Esau Jr. has the same health mechanics than Tainted Lost and cannot gain heart containers. He doesn't start with a Holy Card.
- Void: Will be absorbed by Void, but will not transform Isaac into Esau Jr. on subsequent uses, rendering it useless.
PC J1KG XYFQ (First floor treasure room)
|Bug!||Esau Jr. can sometimes start with Spin to Win as a passive instead of an active item. It behaves like a regular orbital item in this form and cannot be used for increasing orbital rotation speed or Isaac's movement speed. The item will show up in the pause screen item collection but not the item collection HUD.[Check ingame]|
|Bug!||If one character has Deep Pockets, swapping to the other character then collecting or spending coins will cap the number of coins at 99.|
|Bug!||If The Forgotten uses this item and swaps back to himself, all his bone hearts become half soul hearts. This is only cosmetic and they become normal again if his health is updated (obtaining HP up items, etc).|
|Tainted Jacob Unlocks|
|The Beast Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music